Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

AHHHHHHHH!

I'm about to set the internet on fire hahaha...

Man - it's just sooooo freaking frustrating trying to work & upload content for work with this crap a-s-s internet connection!

As you all know a submarine crashed into the fiber optic lines somewhere in the sea which totally messed up everyone's connection. And get this, here's the best part; this isn't the first time this scenario of the sub crashing into the fiber optics lines... but this is the freaking THIRD time!

I mean - where / how and who gives these submarine captain(s) their underwater spaceship license?

Feel free to rant on in this thread!
-Joey

·
Registered
813 Posts

AHHHHHHHH!

Man - it's just sooooo freaking frustrating trying to work & upload content for work with this crap a-s-s internet connection!

As you all know a submarine crashed into the fiber optic lines somewhere in the sea which totally messed up everyone's connection. And get this, here's the best part; this isn't the first time this scenario of the sub crashing into the fiber optics lines... but this is the freaking THIRD time!

I mean - where / how and who gives these submarine captain(s) their underwater spaceship license?

-Joey
It sounds like a highly unlikely story to me.Sure they are not telling porkies:rolleyes:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh does it now, well how this for starters: BBC NEWS | Technology | Third subsea cable repairs begin

:)

ps: hope you had a wonderful xmas ;)
-Joey
Well you can't blame me doubting it does sound rediculous.
Thanks Joey Dee I had a great Christmas, what was it like there in Dubai. Was it quiet or lots of fun. Thanks for the news links. I'm enjoying fustration free, interuption free internet out on hols

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well you can't blame me doubting it does sound rediculous.
That's why I'm so frustrated cause I really do not understand the logic behind what happened....

Thanks Joey Dee I had a great Christmas, what was it like there in Dubai. Was it quiet or lots of fun.
Well it's the first time, I never spent xmas without my family back home in Canada... I went to a friend's house and I was with all her family so it was kinda cool but was quite weird at the same time to be in the desert (Dubai) on xmas with no snow... and I wasn't in the mood to go to the refrigerator (Ski Dubai) to see snow :)

Thanks for the news links. I'm enjoying fustration free, interuption free internet out on hols
Yah yah go on laugh at us :( who knows if it's still that slow I might come over and steal your wifi internet access ;) hahha

-Joey

·
Registered
76 Posts
i swear its insane.. but for last coupla days things have improved.. im beginning to get normal speed finally.. du and etisalat have diverted traffic to other lines as an alternate till the original wire is repaired.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's why I'm so frustrated cause I really do not understand the logic behind what happened....

Well it's the first time, I never spent xmas without my family back home in Canada... I went to a friend's house and I was with all her family so it was kinda cool but was quite weird at the same time to be in the desert (Dubai) on xmas with no snow... and I wasn't in the mood to go to the refrigerator (Ski Dubai) to see snow :)

Yah yah go on laugh at us :( who knows if it's still that slow I might come over and steal your wifi internet access ;) hahha

-Joey
What an excellent idea why didn't you. I haven't been there yet. the olny time I saw snow was in Utah years ago it was fantastic, especially when we rolled the ski mobile into some thick deep snow, we nearly P**sed ourselves laughing, but I haven't yet been to the snow fields in Aus

·
Registered
813 Posts
You know I've been waiting since beginning of October in Dubai for an internet connection thats why I'm just loving it here and up all hours playing on it. Hippie!

·
Registered
813 Posts
No sunny Australia although its been the mildest summer ever. I wonder if its because I've become aclimatised to Dubai heat. Today was a good one though, should say yesterday 3am here in Sydney. Went to the beach at last, there is nothing so beautiful as the beaches here, and no fences.

·
Registered
813 Posts
No sunny Australia although its been the mildest summer ever. I wonder if its because I've become aclimatised to Dubai heat. Today was a good one though, should say yesterday 3am here in Sydney. Went to the beach at last, there is nothing so beautiful as the beaches here, and no fences.
See no fences

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Today was a good one though, should say yesterday 3am here in Sydney.
Wow I guess ur a party animal to be up all nite :)

Oh and really cool attached pic :) i wish i was there just to get away and relax. I guess it's all good, I'll take a month off either in Jan or Feb and go to Espana and just chillout!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts

AHHHHHHHH!

-Joey

I sympathise. I am being driven bonkers by the slow service. At the best of times, the Internet is slow but it is seems to be at a standstill at the mo(any slower and it will stop working completely!!! :rolleyes:). I cannot believe that at 2am in the morning when most people are be sleeping, I am still waiting for Facebook to load (ok, I guess I can live without FB but there are important things that I need to do on the net!) - I've lost count of how many times I've refreshed the page!!! I give up!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cannot believe that at 2am in the morning when most people are be sleeping, I am still waiting for Facebook to load
Ah you see I don't have any problems there since I always check my facebook on my bold (blackberry) ;)

I won't even try to load FB on my computer cuz it's just so freaking slow.

Get this, yesterday I called up DU and told them that my internet is still super slow and that I need to get it fixed now... cause my neighbor's internet is working perfect... the tech support at DU tells me ok, give us your IP address and we'll have the technicians look into it... so I said; don't you need me to be on the phone with them to try and troubleshoot they said; "nono, they'll call you if they need to do any troubleshooting... but then i said (the smart ass I always am); but what if they call me and I'm not home... hahaha

Customer service or any kind of support in the Dubai & the UAE are completely USELESS and a waste of space! idiots!

-Joey

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Ah you see I don't have any problems there since I always check my facebook on my bold (blackberry) ;)

I won't even try to load FB on my computer cuz it's just so freaking slow.

Get this, yesterday I called up DU and told them that my internet is still super slow and that I need to get it fixed now... cause my neighbor's internet is working perfect... the tech support at DU tells me ok, give us your IP address and we'll have the technicians look into it... so I said; don't you need me to be on the phone with them to try and troubleshoot they said; "nono, they'll call you if they need to do any troubleshooting... but then i said (the smart ass I always am); but what if they call me and I'm not home... hahaha

Customer service or any kind of support in the Dubai & the UAE are completely USELESS and a waste of space! idiots!

-Joey

hhaha that's hilarious... hope they fix the damn thing before I head back home. I have absolutely no patience for those things...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.