Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Goodness, I don't even think about buying mine until the beginning of December!

I used to regularly win my money back, but the last couple of years, nada.

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Goodness, I don't even think about buying mine until the beginning of December!

I used to regularly win my money back, but the last couple of years, nada.
But I think one of the ideas behind the ad is the that many foreigners do buy El Gordo and many buy, or want to buy in the summer. But also it's just to open up the market and let Spanish people buy early too. I expect most Spaniards will still buy in December, but things change.
Not the same, but related...
When I first started going on holiday here I never booked anywhere beforehand, in fact in quite a few places they didn't want to accept advance reservations. Occasionally we had to try a couple of places before we found a room, but there was never any great problem and the first couple of times were without a car, so we are talking of hotels/ hostals within walking distance. Now we always book a few weeks/ months in advance and sometimes have problems and that's because Spanish people are booking earlier, like their European counterparts

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
When I first started going on holiday here I never booked anywhere beforehand, in fact in quite a few places they didn't want to accept advance reservations. Occasionally we had to try a couple of places before we found a room, but there was never any great problem and the first couple of times were without a car, so we are talking of hotels/ hostals within walking distance. Now we always book a few weeks/ months in advance and sometimes have problems and that's because Spanish people are booking earlier, like their European counterparts
Yes, I think the idea of planning ahead might be taking hold in the Spanish psyche. When we first came here, the Ayuntamiento used to post details of forthcoming events on Facebook the day before, or even the same day. When I complained that I kept missing things, they said people would forget about them if they were advertised too early! Nowadays they appear at least a week in advance.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Yes, I think the idea of planning ahead might be taking hold in the Spanish psyche. When we first came here, the Ayuntamiento used to post details of forthcoming events on Facebook the day before, or even the same day. When I complained that I kept missing things, they said people would forget about them if they were advertised too early! Nowadays they appear at least a week in advance.
This made me laugh. Our dear friends here can't plan anything in advance. We have a new Dutch couple in the village who have invited us and our friends for dinner. They'll confirm Friday for Saturday !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts