Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering about banks out in Aus. Which have people found the best?

I'm single and almost certainly (sad to say) will be so when I move to Aus, so there aren't family considerations. I don't own a property or any major capital in the UK, so there won't be that kind of transfer of funds. Just to put my economic position in context.

I had always hoped for finding an equivalent of the Co-op bank, with some kind of ethical guidance, but sadly that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not overly keen on Westpac, whom I believe are linked to Barclays, which by default makes them kinda...well, evil. But then i guess a bank is a bank is a bank.

Anyhow, my prejudices against capitalist institutions aside for now, I'd be grateful to see what your experiences are with the banks in Aus. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I usually choose the bank with the lowest costs, but you have a social responsibility request, so take a look at Credit Unions (Google it).

Here is one I found which seems 'not evil' :cool:
Community CPS - Credit Union - Home

I have no personal experience with them, so am not for or against them.

I'm just wondering about banks out in Aus. Which have people found the best?

I'm single and almost certainly (sad to say) will be so when I move to Aus, so there aren't family considerations. I don't own a property or any major capital in the UK, so there won't be that kind of transfer of funds. Just to put my economic position in context.

I had always hoped for finding an equivalent of the Co-op bank, with some kind of ethical guidance, but sadly that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not overly keen on Westpac, whom I believe are linked to Barclays, which by default makes them kinda...well, evil. But then i guess a bank is a bank is a bank.

Anyhow, my prejudices against capitalist institutions aside for now, I'd be grateful to see what your experiences are with the banks in Aus. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts