Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

My name is Faisal and I have been following this forum for the last 3 months. I didn't register initially as I thought I was not knowledgeable enough about Australia to help or even comment on anything. But now after getting my PR visa and doing research on Australia for the last 6 months I have gained some confidence.

This is my first post and I just wanted to thank you all related to this forum. You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Best Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hallo Faisal.........
This Forum is very useful according to needs and advice.
If you have some Advice and Ideas please post your thread.
Regards
Hari999999

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Faisal

wish u luck.. do keep us posted how things go for u, u shud update your timeline, that would help others

cheers
anj

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Faisal,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the thanks :)

People don't have to wait until they know about Australia to join the forum since this forum is all about learning about Australia, to share info with anyone, from those thinking about moving to Australia to those who have been here for years. There is always something new to learn :)

So what do you do for a living and where are you moving to?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations on your PR. :clap2: I think you are the one of very few members, who register here after getting PR!!!

Hello Everyone

My name is Faisal and I have been following this forum for the last 3 months. I didn't register initially as I thought I was not knowledgeable enough about Australia to help or even comment on anything. But now after getting my PR visa and doing research on Australia for the last 6 months I have gained some confidence.

This is my first post and I just wanted to thank you all related to this forum. You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Best Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Faisal,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the thanks :)

People don't have to wait until they know about Australia to join the forum since this forum is all about learning about Australia, to share info with anyone, from those thinking about moving to Australia to those who have been here for years. There is always something new to learn :)

So what do you do for a living and where are you moving to?

Regards,
Karen
I guess you are right Karen. Better be late than never. I am a technical consultant currently working for Gemalto (South-Asia). My options are open as I am not on any state sponsorship (GSM 175- Independent skilled migration) but considering job prospects in the IT&T sector I think I will end up in either Sydney or Melbourne (but if I get a job in any other place I wouldn't mind to move in).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi, Today, I received my 176 PR visa under occupation R&D manager. Many thanks to all on this forum - I truly believe that all the help, input etc. I received was instrumental in getting this visa. A special thanks to Anj , Jiggy and Eva_USA for their specific answers to questions and "above and beyond" help. All the best to everyone who is waiting. I am posting the timelines as soon as i figure out where the link is.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks Anj.. a hug back to you!
now on to the research of getting a job (will be looking at all the stickys and the other websites) and finding a school for my 5 year old son!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Anj.. a hug back to you!
now on to the research of getting a job (will be looking at all the stickys and the other websites) and finding a school for my 5 year old son!
When and where are you heading? Me and my wife are planning to go to Sydney first in Feb 2010. I am trying to avoid Dec-Jan as these times are not considered good to find employment (specially for newcomers).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts