Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and advise that the forum members have given me.

You have all made things easier and taken some of the worries away.

I got my visa last year - Subclass 461 and we have now booked our flights and after 9+ years in UK, I am leaving for Aus in 4.5 weeks!

Got an email yesterday saying that we should have our shipped goods about a week after we land so that is fantastic too.

Again ... big thank you to the forum members!

Cheers
Shell:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good Luck,, and keep us updated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to Australia. Which city you are coming?

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and advise that the forum members have given me.

You have all made things easier and taken some of the worries away.

I got my visa last year - Subclass 461 and we have now booked our flights and after 9+ years in UK, I am leaving for Aus in 4.5 weeks!

Got an email yesterday saying that we should have our shipped goods about a week after we land so that is fantastic too.

Again ... big thank you to the forum members!

Cheers
Shell:)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
As a mod you're more than welcome! I think it's great how people help each other out on this forum.

Those 4.5 weeks will simply fly by!

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Good luck Shell,

Give us an update thread when you get here!

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Good luck..
dont forget to update us with your plans/experience once in Australia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will def update everyone once we are settled! We are heading to Melbourne!!! Never even been there on holiday so will be a great adventure!

Thanks again everyone.

Will be in touch once landed down under!

xx
Lovely weekend to all!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

Well, as promised, I am updating everyone!

We are now in Melbourne, have good jobs and a lovely rental house! Am loving being here but not the weather at the moment, I guess that is because we have come from one winter in London to another winter .... looking forward to summer though ... hot days, sun, bbq's and smiling people!

After a month of being here, we had jobs and a house so I think we have been pretty lucky really!

After all the stress with visa's and moving, I am glad that we moved over here and looking forward to a wonderful new life in Australia!

Thank you again to everyone for the advise on this forum.

Regards
Shell09
:clap2: :) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts