Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend who has just had to travel 2hrs for an interview and 2hrs back home again. It was a really great interview (5 picked out of close to 1700 candidates). They were interviewed by 4 people - some who flew in from various parts of the country and overseas.

It's for a position at the airport. This is her first serious interview for a proper stable job for a couple of years. Would you recommend her to make the effort of going back to their office to drop off a thank you letter that might help her chances in getting the job or not?

(The interviewers did now want to give out their numbers or email addresses to the candidates.)

:plane:

·
Banned
423 Posts
Definitely, but if they work at EK, the protocol for e-mails are firstname dot lastname at emirates.com

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yes, she should make the effort. But better yet, have her email you the letter, you can print and stuff in envelopes, and can drop it off saving her the time.... A friend in need is a friend indeed. :D

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Absolutely! When I was in HR, anyone who bothered to take the time to contact me following an interview was generally someone who stood out. Even more so, those who bothered to write to thank me when they weren't successful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree, I work in HR and I can't remember the last person who thanked me its been that long but I can remember when candidates have been polite previously and it's helped me to remember them further down the line. If there's 1700 candidates they need to make sure they are memorable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.