Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some 2 years ago you suggested
If you are going to claim French nationality through your father, there is a process you need to go through. Though you may very well be French from birth, you should consult with the consulate to find out how to get yourself a French passport. (There will be some paperwork if you don't already have a French passport.)
Cheers,
Bev
and
Check with the French consulate. If you are entitled to French nationality, it will take a little time to gather all the necessary documents in order to get your carte d'identité and passport - but paperwork is the name of the game in France and something you'll need to get used to if you want to live there.
Cheers,
Bev
At the time I had no idea this was even possible.
Now after two years of chasing paperwork and visiting every consulate on the east coast of the U.S. minus D.C. and getting to know too well each consular de etat civil in all three consulates, I now have my:

Carte d'identite
Passeport
Livret de Famille
Certificate de nassiance
Certificate de mariage
and my sons certificate de nassiance as well, I was able to pass along my french heritage to my son!
And my carte conscription (consular card) is coming soon.

So although it was a response in passing.
You started something for me and my family I would have never have known possible had you not been here.
Thank you very much!
Of course everyone on here who helps guide others should be proud of the help they provide to some of us in the dark!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have two homes to sell off before we can consider the move, but :fingerscrossed: sooner than later.
Our son just started kindergarten and the school shootings just keep happening scaring the heck out of us.
The anger, disparity, and civil warfare amongst the people is mounting! Its just so crazy here...

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Well done, Xrac. It's really really nice to see thanks in public.

Yeah, we all know that Bev is Guru Supreme about all things re US in France, visas, et al, about how it is to be a "dispossessed" person etc. - & donkeys, but that's the point - WE (old hands) know. It's brilliant you picked it up and have iterated your testimonial in the public domain.

We're all too ready to grumble and whinge in public, but it's good to see/read gratitude for something, also in public.

hils

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And no shortage of thanks to you either hils, you've offered me a few things over the course and I've seen the many others you've aided as well! So no forgetting you either.
I started listing names, and realized if I named everyone here that helps others the list would be long, and I would miss some, so I decided against that.
But you all know who you are! Thanks for making this a useful, civil place for all of us.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Thanks but no thanks required or solicited.

I too have derived immeasurable benefit from exchange in here, so it's only "giving back" or "paying forward"; no issue.

h x

PS I'm not sure any of us has helped Bev with anything other than book recommendations; how remiss of us, or how stalwart is she?

(Should that be "have or "has"; dunno; sorry Dej)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I add my thank to and support for Bev - she's a wonderful source of information, AND a good hearted and fair mod.

Thank you Bev.

I've noted that in many of the "serious" threads we have a diversity of opinions - perhaps a bit confusing for OPs who thought that there was one simple answer to their original question. However, life as an expat or would be ex pat is not simple - so we should be proud of our difference of honest opinions.

As for the less serious threads........they take care of themselves, mostly. Except when Bev needs to dive in a slap a few heads!

DejW

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I add my thank to and support for Bev - she's a wonderful source of information, AND a good hearted and fair mod. Thank you Bev. I've noted that in many of the "serious" threads we have a diversity of opinions - perhaps a bit confusing for OPs who thought that there was one simple answer to their original question. However, life as an expat or would be ex pat is not simple - so we should be proud of our difference of honest opinions. As for the less serious threads........they take care of themselves, mostly. Except when Bev needs to dive in a slap a few heads! DejW
And that has not happened for quite a while now. Are we all getting soft in our advancing years?

Pensioner Power rules, perhaps?

Chairman Fletch.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
As a doctor told me, in old age.....

Things that were dry become wet
..........that were wet become dry

Things that were hard become soft
............ that were soft become hard

Oh dear.....one must remain young at heart if not in body?

DejW

And that has not happened for quite a while now. Are we all getting soft in our advancing years?

Pensioner Power rules, perhaps?

Chairman Fletch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.