Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have heard of a school called Terra Sancta that is in nicosia. I think it is a catholic school but not exclusive. Does anybody know if the medium is English? also what are the fees like?

The website is rubbish and the only bit of useful information i have managed to get is that they don't do igcses and follow the greek education system.

again this is a plan B, my kids have just come home and can now count to 10 in greek so am very impressed and the state schooling seems to be ok

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hello,

I have heard of a school called Terra Sancta that is in nicosia. I think it is a catholic school but not exclusive. Does anybody know if the medium is English? also what are the fees like?

The website is rubbish and the only bit of useful information i have managed to get is that they don't do igcses and follow the greek education system.

again this is a plan B, my kids have just come home and can now count to 10 in greek so am very impressed and the state schooling seems to be ok
The medium of instruction is French, I believe - still run by the Franciscan order - has Friar teachers and is part of an ancient tradition which dates back to the crusades and the Lusignian Frankish domination of Cyprus (and the Middle East). I get the impression that the curriculum might be a bit dated (and focused on religious instruction) - nothing wrong with that, but parents need to be aware (as you pointed out) that students will not be prepared for modern exams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.