Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody advise me; I got terminated from my job without any notice from my employer and still they are holding my visa cancellation.

How can I approach legally to get my visa cancellation? (my visa is of free zone authority)

Thank you

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Could somebody advise me; I got terminated from my job without any notice from my employer and still they are holding my visa cancellation.

How can I approach legally to get my visa cancellation? (my visa is of free zone authority)

Thank you
They can only fire you without notice if you are still in your probationary period. Is that the case?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They can only fire you without notice if you are still in your probationary period. Is that the case?
Thanks for our reply, I have already completed 02 years in my current visa and my employer has mentioned in the termination letter that they will pay my 01 month salary for the notice period, I signed in the dues receipt form due to pressure from the HR and believing that they will provide the settlement after cancellation.

Now they are denying to cancel my visa stating that I have to finish some pending tasks in the job which I was terminated from.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Thanks for our reply, I have already completed 02 years in my current visa and my employer has mentioned in the termination letter that they will pay my 01 month salary for the notice period, I signed in the dues receipt form due to pressure from the HR and believing that they will provide the settlement after cancellation.

Now they are denying to cancel my visa stating that I have to finish some pending tasks in the job which I was terminated from.

In that case you are being given 30 days notice in accordance with your contract. It's just that they don't want you in the office for that period.

The visa will be cancelled after you have completed the notice period and your end of service gratuity should also be paid at that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case you are being given 30 days notice in accordance with your contract. It's just that they don't want you in the office for that period.

The visa will be cancelled after you have completed the notice period and your end of service gratuity should also be paid at that time.
Thanks again, I hope for that, there is no other choice for me now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.