Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Tequisquiapan as a place to relocate but am wondering if anyone has lived there has any advice on finding a furnished small place there, or if anyone has any expat contacts there? Language school suggestions there or in Queretaro?

I may also move to Querertaro but would like to live south of the city centro.. any suggestions of areas to consider?

If I do rent in Querertaro does anyone have a suggestion of a English speaking property manager I might work with to find a reasonably priced furnished place? It is just me so I am not looking to pay 25k peso a month!:p

Thank you!

·
Registered
236 Posts
OK... didn't know I couldn't put a 'disguised' email in a message, so..... send me a Private Message and we'll communicate that way.

Sorry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please post a little more information about your request to locate to Tequisquiapan. I have lived here for over three years, and can tell you it is one of the best kept secrets on where to live in Mexico. Surprisingly there are quite a few English speaking expats living in the area, and more moving into the area daily.

I assume that you do not speak much Spanish. Do you wish to live inside or outside of town? While Queretaro is considered one of the safest places to live in Mexico, and has just about everything one would need, however, it is growing too fast, and becoming very expensive, which leads me to believe why many are moving to this area. It is a small typical resort town and you can sort of compare its prices to the towns of Chapala and Ajijic in the state of Jalisco but 20 years ago.

Just about anything you would need is here, or close by.
The Town has good minibus service, costing about 10 -20 pesos. Taxi's charge on an average of 25 to 35 pesos around town. Also there is a central bus station if you need to travel to other cities. As a senior citizen, I pay 25 pesos to ride the bus to Queretaro which is about an hour time wise because it makes several stops.

Local food market prices are fairly reasonable and plentiful. Eating out in restaurants can be a little expensive, but off the beaten path are more affordable.

There are a lot of homes for rent here, What price range is within your budget? Let me know some of the specifics and maybe I can help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,
I was in Jurica( North of QRO) and stumbled upon a language school just outside of the Campestre de Jurica development. The name of the school is Centro De Idiomas CID SC...located in Jurica. There was a group of German speakers engaged in a conversation group in a coffee shop next to the school, that drew my attention. I'm currently trying to contact a realtor Shellyjb mentioned in a post and if I'm able to contact her..I'll send you her info.
QRO is a lovely town. We enjoyed a very nice afternoon there exploring the downtown area. Good luck!

·
Registered
594 Posts
My wife & I will be visiting with her brother in Queretaro next month. We've already decided to check out Tequisquiapan based on everything we've heard on here & from her brother. Will be glad to give you an opinion based on my observations about the place once I've checked it over.

About everything I've heard about it is favorable, is so it must truly be one of Mexico's best-kept secrets!

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Please learn to spell the names of the places you wish to explore. Then, use your search engine to get reasonably up to date details, maps, climate, real estate options, etc. Once done, you may discover some contacts, and will be able to ask more precise questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,
I was in Jurica( North of QRO) and stumbled upon a language school just outside of the Campestre de Jurica development. The name of the school is Centro De Idiomas CID SC...located in Jurica. There was a group of German speakers engaged in a conversation group in a coffee shop next to the school, that drew my attention. I'm currently trying to contact a realtor Shellyjb mentioned in a post and if I'm able to contact her..I'll send you her info.
QRO is a lovely town. We enjoyed a very nice afternoon there exploring the downtown area. Good luck!
I would love as well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Please post a little more information about your request to locate to Tequisquiapan. I have lived here for over three years, and can tell you it is one of the best kept secrets on where to live in Mexico. Surprisingly there are quite a few English speaking expats living in the area, and more moving into the area daily.

I assume that you do not speak much Spanish. Do you wish to live inside or outside of town? While Queretaro is considered one of the safest places to live in Mexico, and has just about everything one would need, however, it is growing too fast, and becoming very expensive, which leads me to believe why many are moving to this area..

There are a lot of homes for rent here, What price range is within your budget? Let me know some of the specifics and maybe I can help.
I am looking for a nice home outside of town, 3-4 bedrooms, preferably Hacienda style (bad knees) Nothing so REALLY NEW, so no 2nd level. in a gaited area or at least has behind gate parking. Willing to do Remodeling and bringing it up to date. I lived in Los Frailes in SMA, so that is the type of area I would be looking for. Doesn't have to be gringa specifically area. Individual homes, no condos, etc. (have lrg showdogs). As I said before, SMA is just WAY too over the top now.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I am considering Tequisquiapan as a place to relocate but am wondering if anyone has lived there has any advice on finding a furnished small place there, or if anyone has any expat contacts there? Language school suggestions there or in Queretaro?

I may also move to Querertaro but would like to live south of the city centro.. any suggestions of areas to consider?

If I do rent in Querertaro does anyone have a suggestion of a English speaking property manager I might work with to find a reasonably priced furnished place? It is just me so I am not looking to pay 25k peso a month!:p

Thank you!
Drop me a prívate message. Saludos

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I am looking for a nice home outside of town, 3-4 bedrooms, preferably Hacienda style (bad knees) Nothing so REALLY NEW, so no 2nd level. in a gaited area or at least has behind gate parking. Willing to do Remodeling and bringing it up to date. I lived in Los Frailes in SMA, so that is the type of area I would be looking for. Doesn't have to be gringa specifically area. Individual homes, no condos, etc. (have lrg showdogs). As I said before, SMA is just WAY too over the top now.
What do you mean with Hacienda style? Haciendas are large expensive places
Don’t worry, there’s not gringos areas in Tequisquiapan
Nor condos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts