Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone introduce me to a British tennis community in Spain. I am thinking of either retiring or spending winter months in Spain to play tennis.
Many thanks

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
Can anyone introduce me to a British tennis community in Spain. I am thinking of either retiring or spending winter months in Spain to play tennis.
Many thanks
:welcome:

I'm sure that wherever there are Brits there are tennis playing Brits. We have several tennis clubs in my town - none are specifically nor exclusively Brit though.

Whereabouts in Spain were you thinking of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tennis

I like Alcossebre, Castellon area but I would like to move where Brits are so any advice is appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have several friends who enter competitions on the Costa del Sol....but I don´t think you are going to move here. Let me know if you want further info.

I´m sure you know the Costa del Sol has a huge British population.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why not have a go at Padel tennis. It’s played everywhere in Spain and is very popular. It’s a fantastic game and plenty of brits play it. I play a few times a week and have made friends with both brits and Spanish people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would start by coming out to Spain for a few weeks to see how things go before doing anything more. Would you recommend the Costa Del Sol? I guess the best thing I can do is come out and look around. Thanks for your advice. Have you any advice on long-term villa lets by any chance? I'm totally new to this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would start by coming out to Spain for a few weeks to see how things go before doing anything more. Would you recommend the Costa Del Sol? I guess the best thing I can do is come out and look around. Thanks for your advice. Have you any advice on long-term villa lets by any chance? I'm totally new to this.
I live in Mijas and it´s great....I like the mix of ex-pats and locals. Lots going on, nice restaurants & perfect weather for sport.

/SNIP/

I will find out further info regarding Tennis clubs and competitions.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I play panel tennis at our local gym, it's in our village so apart from me and my wife it is nearly all Spanish as is the village. A great way to communicate with the locals and the game itself is a bit of a mix of squash and tennis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts