Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little Dilemma

I have a 2 year contract on my villa which expires in March 2013. I have a good relationship with my landlord who called me a month or so ago as he had a problem. After meeting him he is likely to lose his job and wants to return with his family to Canada by the end of the year, but the house is the big issue. Me being the nice guy i am decided to come to an agreement whereas we will leave in October 2012, this is when i get my rent allowance so it ties things up from our side. An we signed a letter agreeing to move out in end October.

In the meatime the landlord has found a buyer for the property, when we met he said he wouldnt sell until October but would get an LOA off any prospective buyer. I found out today that they have an agreement to sell the villa and the final sale will be agreed by 15th June. They therefore want to swap over the contract to the new owners until the end of contract. The kicker is before the sale they want to remove all lighting and fittings from the house, we have decent lights trhoughout, and will replace with the standard lights. This has pi44ed the missus of as we will have to fork out for lamps shades and fittings. So lights in all bedrooms, fittings in all bathrooms, mirrors and blinds.

So a couple of questions, can the landlord change owner whilst we are tenants and if so is the seller in their rights to rmove the fittings? we have an agreed
list of fittings and fitments which as far as im concerned is all part of what we pay for, so in my opinion the new landlord should make good on the replacements. Thoughts appreciated?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoke with RERA today and basically the landlord is not allowed to make any changes to the property without my agreement that includes removing fixtures and fittings so seems pretty cut and dried to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.