Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Could someone please confirm about evidence of accommodation. I have submitted my Marriage Visit Visa application this week and only included an original letter of approval from the Real Estate Office Manager stating my fiance's current address and that I am allowed to live with him during the period of my visit. I did not include a copy of his tenancy contract as I assumed that the approval letter from the property agent is already sufficient.

Has anyone have any feedback about this? Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone. Could someone please confirm about evidence of accommodation. I have submitted my Marriage Visit Visa application this week and only included an original letter of approval from the Real Estate Office Manager stating my fiance's current address and that I am allowed to live with him during the period of my visit. I did not include a copy of his tenancy contract as I assumed that the approval letter from the property agent is already sufficient.

I'm not an expert and it's only my opinion but I think the tenancy agrement should have gone in as well. In a spouse settlement application demonstration of "adequate accommodation" is required. I expect it will be a similar requirement for a marriage visit visa. The issue is that the ECO needs to be assured that it is not a House of Multiple Occupancy.

Don't worry though, your fiance can submit the tenancy agreement separately to Sheffield with a cover note apologising for its omission in the original supporting documents, just say it was an oversight. Put the application number on the front of the envelope and include all your application details in the letter so they can add it to your documents.

In our settlement application I sent in bank statements that I was not certain were in the correct format. So two weeks later I sent in some more with a cover letter. Had no idea if they were accepted, added to the application or shredded! When they returned the supporting documents to me both sets of statements were in there so this does work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your feedback Russia2UK. I am really worried that I should have submitted a copy of the tenancy contract but got it was a conscious move not to include it upon submission as I was also advised by an immigration case worker that the letter of approval from the real estate manager will be sufficient enough.

Also, my application is just a short stay visit (29 days) to give notice to the register office for our intention to marry. I lodged my application yesterday, paid for priority service at VFS here in the UAE, so I am afraid I cannot send a copy of the tenancy contract to add to my submitted documents.

Fingers-crossed, the ECO will accept the letter from the property manager and allow approve my application.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

Your Fiancee is coming on a Marriage Visitor Visa, which means once married she must leave the UK. The letter from Landlord giving consent for her to stay during the visit is adequate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your Fiancee is coming on a Marriage Visitor Visa, which means once married she must leave the UK. The letter from Landlord giving consent for her to stay during the visit is adequate.
Glad that's cleared up, I was just going off the government website

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/documents-you-must-provide

3. Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

a current passport or other valid travel identification
proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live
details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your feedback. Very much appreciated. This is a relief. I will just have to wait for the next 5 days for the decision. Praying everything will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.