Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to apply within the next 2/3 weeks for my wife to join me in the UK. I have a couple of questions I wasn't too sure on. Firstly, on the Assured Short-hold Tenancy Agreement I have just signed (dated 10/06/2015 for the start of my tenancy agreement), it states the following:

"You will have the property and furniture for a minimum term of 6 months from 10.06.15 to 11am 10.12.15. If you wish to leave at the end of this term you must give one months notice in writing to expire on the 10.12.15. If at the end of this time you want to continue the tenancy and you have not already received from us two months' notice to end the tenancy, it will carry on from month to month as a monthly contractual tenancy. You must give one months' notice in writing to end it. This notice must be given to expire on a rent payment day."
Further on it also states "We will let the property to you individually and together and only MR X X (my name) will be allowed to live there."

Are those parts (esp bold ones) within the paragraphs OK? Would this be sufficient? They have confirmed they can provide me with a letter stating they would be fine with my wife to move into the property with me if/when she arrives. Would I need any other proof such as Council Tax, or any other bill under my name at the property?

Also, all my other proof such as my bank statement, work payslips etc are obviously registered at my previous address (parents address). Does this matter? I'm assuming that an explanation of this would suffice or am I being too naive? Would it be better to change my address at work to my new flat and maybe have my new address as this months (June) pay? This would mean of the 6 months payslips, only the last (latest) one would be with my new address?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Sorry for the long first post!! Too many things to worry about on this whole procedure!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Doni..

I would get the landlord to write a separate letter stating that they are happy for your partner to join you in house share. And that there is sufficient space for all in the property. (i.e. no over crowding).

The quote you stated is a little ambiguous. So an additional letter, with the above comments would help!

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
AST becoming periodic tenancy is normal.
As stated, get another letter allowing your spouse to live.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

That all makes sense, I'll make sure to get that additional letter from them. With the other query, all my other documents such as bank statements & work payslips etc are registered at my previous address (parents address).

Does that matter? I'm assuming that an explanation of this would suffice or am I being too naive? Would it be better to change my address before I order my bank statements or even at work for my last pay before I apply? Meaning of the 6 months payslips, only the very last (latest) one would be with my new address?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.