Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Please help me to get some clarity on my case.
I dropped my EOI for Software engineer - 261313 @65 points for 189 and NSW 190 @ 70 on 29th May'17.
Below is the break up
Age- 30
Education and Aus edu - 20
Professional Year - 5
PTE- 10.
My issue is my temporary residence visa (485) is going to get expired on 9th Sep'17.
1) What are my option if i don't get invite till then?
2) Is there a way that I can fast rack the whole invite process considering my visa is about to get expired soon?
3) What do you think is there any potential that I can get invite from 189/190 before that ?

Request you to pls let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hello everyone,

Please help me to get some clarity on my case.
I dropped my EOI for Software engineer - 261313 @65 points for 189 and NSW 190 @ 70 on 29th May'17.
Below is the break up
Age- 30
Education and Aus edu - 20
Professional Year - 5
PTE- 10.
My issue is my temporary residence visa (485) is going to get expired on 9th Sep'17.
1) What are my option if i don't get invite till then?
2) Is there a way that I can fast rack the whole invite process considering my visa is about to get expired soon?
3) What do you think is there any potential that I can get invite from 189/190 before that ?

Request you to pls let me know.

Thanks
0 chance under 189

190 state sponsorship cannot be predicted as th states do not follow any fixed pattern or timeline for sponsoring applicants

You cannot fast track the process under either of the streams

I think you should have a Plan B if you want to stay in Australia post expiry of the existing temporary visa as chances of getting the sponsorship are low in this very short period

Cheers

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Would you be able to tell me how does De-facto works? Conditions as well?
Appreciate your time.
What is de facto ?

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My partner is an accountant with 70 points awaiting for her result for EOI, and we have been living together for 2 years now, but not married yet.
My plan-B was to drop de-facto but not sure how would it impact her and me in future.

Also, can you let me know your status. As your timeline says that you dropped at 70point for 189. Any update?

Thanks Bro.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
My partner is an accountant with 70 points awaiting for her result for EOI, and we have been living together for 2 years now, but not married yet.
My plan-B was to drop de-facto but not sure how would it impact her and me in future.

Also, can you let me know your status. As your timeline says that you dropped at 70point for 189. Any update?

Thanks Bro.
I am unable to understand the lingo you are using
I am sure some other members will help you out

My signature is updated

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

Thanks Bro.
If you and your partner are in a de facto relationship, you can include each other in your EOI/visa applications. If you haven't already done so, you may want to include the partner skill points to boost your scores. At 70 points as an Accountant, your partner is also unlikely to get an invitation before September and perhaps not even during this financial year. There's even higher competition for the limited number of places in this occupation so at least 75 points would be needed to move forward enough in the queue for an invitation (80 points would be better).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.