Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been an avid follower of this forum recently and appreciate the good work people are doing here helping fellow applicants out.

I have been thinking about moving to Australia for a while now and have spoken to a consultant as well.
I was told that with my qualification(Economics) and work experience (Banking 4 years), I would not be able to apply for a 189/190 visa.
Instead he mentioned that I apply for a Temporary Residence visa which allows us to live & work for 4 years & later convert to a PR
- He said he will call me back with further info. but has been MIA since?
Any idea what a Temporary Residence is and who can / how to apply for this?

I am left quite confused now as to which visa category to apply under? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

I have some family in Sydney (dad's cousin) and have thought about the 489 route however have heard about the horrors of long wait 4+ yrs and thought against it. Plsu I was told family in Sydney cannot sponsor non-immediate relatives?

Last option for me would be student visa but given the expense involved I have kept it as a absolute last.
- Any suggestions on which course to apply under given commerce background which would help in applying for PR at a later stage?

Appreciate any guidance on this. I would like to make a move by Dec-Jan and want to begin groundwork soon.

Thanks!
Sam

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
He may have been referring to the 489 visa, as it is a 4-year temporary visa. If you meet the conditions, you can apply for a PR 887 visa after 2 years.

Or he may have been referring to a 457 visa but you need to find a sponsoring employer first, and whether they would then sponsor you for PR is not guaranteed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts