Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I am living in Malaga provincia for a little over two years now. We own a finca which includes a rather small house and a large enough patch of land. This year will be the first in which we will harvest our olives and almendras. By selling them to the coöperativa we will become registered as a working finca. I believe this matters legally for the plans I have: since the house is rather small and I work from home a good part of the house is taken up by my office space. With a child running around for three months during the summer it is not a simple way to get my work done. So I wanted to move my office out of the house and into a new space. But our house is build on rural land and thus cannot be expanded. I have heard rumor that once you are registered as a working Finca you can get permission to add a shed or almacèn to put your farmers stuff in. I'm planning on doing just that. In fact, I'm thinking of installing a 20 foot reused shipping container as a shed. This thing will have no foundations, just a few blocks of concrete, and thuis would be considered a temporary construction and would be legal to put on the land without any further permits needed. Furthermore I would stock another shipping container of 40 foot length on top of the smaller one and move my office and a guest room in this second one. This one would also have no foundations and count as a temporary dwelling. Now, these are my plans. However, I have based them on pieces of information gastheren here and there and assumptions. Can anyone tell me if what I am assuming is possible legally is indeed legally possible? Or am I just fooling myself and will never get the permits and if I go through with my plans will risk having to take it down again. I cannot risk to spend a lot of money in the construction if I'm not completely sure I can. Thanks a lot for your advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts