Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I realize that this question may be very subjective, but what can one expect in a "temporary accomodation" in Paris? My company uses Cartus (Primacy joined forces with Cartus in January of 2010, changing its name effective January, 2011) for this purpose, and I have not yet been able to find out what a typical temporary accomodation would be, and just as importantly, where in the city it may be located.

If anyone has experiences in temp accomodations in Paris (good or bad) with either Cartus or Primacy, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I would be living in the temporary accomodation for 2-3 months.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My husband's employer uses Cartus. When a previous ex-pat in his position chose to live in Paris during their temporary housing period, they were in a long-stay hotel type place. It was tiny, but functional. We are living elsewhere in Ile de France, and a furnished short-term rental was not available in our area. We didn't like the idea of living in a hotel while we waited for our household goods to arrive (it was the lack of kitchen that bothered us most). So Cartus rented furniture for us and we moved in to the house we had rented. It was bare minimum furniture, and we were still living out of suitcases as we had no dressers and were given only a metal rack for hanging up clothes, but we were able to start getting our house set up and were much more comfortable than at the hotel.

·
Administrator
48,568 Posts
Chances are, your temporary accommodation would be something on the order of a furnished apartment. There are such things now as "apart-hotels" which are kind of like the suites hotels back in the US (Mainstay Suites, Homestead Suites, etc.), and that's another option.

Location can be just about anywhere in, or just outside, the city if you're going to be working in Paris.

There are a number of ads for furnished apartments in FUSAC, and scanning those might give you some idea of the features usually offered.

Coming from the US, you should expect a rather small apartment with more limited facilities than what you'd expect in the US.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.