Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! We are a couple and soon will be relocating to Dubai.

We'll be there by the end of January and wanted to find a temporary accommodation for the beginning, while we look for a definitive place.
We wouldn't stay long in this temporary home - probably 1 month.
Best location would be around the Airport zone maybe Mirdif or Downtown, you tell me where... :)

Reading on the forum I noticed a thread where Elphaba was saying that she could refer decent companies & offer a bit of advice.
Any help would be really appreciated!

Also, my girlfriend or probably I should say wife from now on... :p has already got a job (in the Airport Free Zone - that's why we are looking to find a flat around there), but without health insurance. Any advice on this?
Good companies to look at for a private one?
We checked online the hospital prices and didn't look so expensive. Is that because you should avoid the hospitals and go only to private clinics?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Hello & welcome

Finding temporary accommodation is not always easy and you may end up having to pay for a serviced apartment as you will need furniture anyway.

I can assist with medical insurance and everyone should have decent cover. The cost of a basic visit to a hospital or doctor isn't too bad, but if you need serious treatment for anything the cost can go very high and most expats would really rather go private than use government hospitals with all the waiting around and less private facilities. For a young single person good medical insurance is not expensive.

When you have made 5 posts you can use the PM facilty to contact me or use the links below (either via FB or my email address is at the bottom of the newspaper column)

-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Elphaba!
We will be looking for a furnished apartment or flat even for the final accommodation - we are now renting a furnished flat and will be shipping just our personal effects.
So what's the best solution for accommodation then?
My cousin leaves in Dubai and I could stay at his place but not for long.
I remember that finding a flat in London wasn't so straight forward and had to look for some weeks until we found the one that we liked. I believe the same would apply there, no?
Had a quick look on Dubizzle but the majority of announces are without pictures so you can't even decide if you like the place without visiting it... :(

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
It is common practice for few ads to have photos. Not helpful at all.

I'd suggest you best bet is to stay somewhere for a couple of weeks before you commit to long term rent so you can get a feel for the place and suitable areas to live.

-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.