Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am retired German, but still doing some work in IT. Actually I have the opportunity for an official temp work in Leon, about 6 months, may be a year. Which would perfectly fit my interest in exploring Southern Americas from there.
2 important issues for me: Having an international private health insurance, I assume, 'pay as you go' in case of required health care will be simplest for me ?
Taxation: How to declare international income ?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You could ask your employer about IMSS insurance (national health insurance for employees), but I don't know if a "temp" job is eligible for IMSS.
Why don't you just use your private international insurance?

Your Mexican employer will take out your Mexican taxes and you'll have to ask a German tax accountant about how to handle it on you German taxes.

I assume the company that is hiring you will assist you in getting your residency?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>I assume the company that is hiring you will assist you in getting your residency? <
Yes. This is one of my very first requirements.
I have just found out, that my German pension should not be taxable in MX, as paid form German entity onto my German bank account.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.