Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am migrating to Canberra and wanted to check if there are telugites settled in Canberra and who could help me with any information.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikstylo,

I take that. However, the intention is to understand things required in the first place which would be easily understandable from a regional perspective and nothing else.

Again, this being posted in an open forum, I would still like to get inputs.

Regards,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here they go -

1. Places in Canberra where I could rent house for family.
2. What are the rents?
3. What would be required for one to carry for family if travelling to Canberra for the first time (from a house hold perspective)?
4. Prices of commodities / essentials?

Regards,

·
Registered
750 Posts
Here they go -

1. Places in Canberra where I could rent house for family.
2. What are the rents?
3. What would be required for one to carry for family if travelling to Canberra for the first time (from a house hold perspective)?
4. Prices of commodities / essentials?

Regards,
These are very generic questions and anyone can answer, if they are from that region. Not sure why be specific about telugites. Even before moving, isolating yourself from the rest of the people just being with your community is not great. Hope this thread helps to gain some insight http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...australia/106347-journey-so-far-canberra.html BTW, I'm a telugite myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if that gave you an impression that I was trying to isolate myself from the rest of the gang, I would say, you read it wrong my friend.

Anyways, thank you for the thread (link), would surely go through and come back in case of any further queries.

·
Registered
603 Posts
gsrb
You could also try other threads on this forum-
Life in Canberra
Accomodation in ACT.
Btw, when are you likely to move?
If you are specifically looking for Telugu speaking community in Canberra, I suppose you have started it now.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, if that gave you an impression that I was trying to isolate myself from the rest of the gang, I would say, you read it wrong my friend.

Anyways, thank you for the thread (link), would surely go through and come back in case of any further queries.
Hi gsrb,

Have you got your grant yet?

·
Registered
350 Posts
And what the heck is a "telugite???"

·
Registered
750 Posts
And what the heck is a "telugite???"
Telugu is a south Indian language and a person with telugu as their mother tongue is called telugite.

Reactions: kalch99

·
Registered
104 Posts
gsrb said:
Well, if that gave you an impression that I was trying to isolate myself from the rest of the gang, I would say, you read it wrong my friend. Anyways, thank you for the thread (link), would surely go through and come back in case of any further queries.
Ha ha! He did not read it wrong. That's the impression even I got. Moving to an English country and straight away querying about telugu people and telling people they are mis understanding you :)

And the question you asked can be answered by anyone. They need not be telugu.

And what the heck is teluguite?

Reactions: sunnyboi
1 - 13 of 13 Posts