Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm soon to arrive in Dubai and am a bit of a sport watching fanatic. Which satellite TV package would allow me to watch:

1) English Premier League Football
2) Heineken Cup Rugby
3) Six Nations Rugby
4) NRL

Also any which provide English movies, is it possible to get BBC1, Channel 4, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic etc too?

Any advice greatfully accepted. I'll be back asking about cars, internet and beaches in due course!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi there, I'm soon to arrive in Dubai and am a bit of a sport watching fanatic. Which satellite TV package would allow me to watch: 1) English Premier League Football 2) Heineken Cup Rugby 3) Six Nations Rugby 4) NRL Also any which provide English movies, is it possible to get BBC1, Channel 4, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic etc too? Any advice greatfully accepted. I'll be back asking about cars, internet and beaches in due course!
Check the OSN.com website. You can also check available packages on du.ae

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Whether you take an Etisalat or Du connection depends ont he building you live in - only one or the either covers a building/area. They have exactly the same packages and pretty much similar packages.
EPL is on AL Jazeera sports package (58 Dhs/month). Al Jazeera has the SPanish La Liga as well, apart from the Champions league. (I think Serie A as well)
Rugby most likely will be on the OSN channels. (not sure)
Check out the Etisalat website

OSN has the largest selection of english language channels, but i dont think I have seen either of the 4 channels you mentioned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I'm soon to arrive in Dubai and am a bit of a sport watching fanatic. Which satellite TV package would allow me to watch:

2) Heineken Cup Rugby
3) Six Nations Rugby
4) NRL

Also any which provide English movies, is it possible to get BBC1, Channel 4, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic etc too?

Any advice greatfully accepted. I'll be back asking about cars, internet

For everythings u want to see sports

Aljazeerasports

OSN

·
Registered
831 Posts
English Rugby is also on AL Jazeera as well as Football Premier League. The six nations is shown not sure on which channel this year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Personally I'd recommend just going to Nezesaussi in Al Manzil hotel Downtown to watch all of the above.

*cough*

*plug*

*sorry*

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the replies; very helpful. Anybody got all the sports channels and movies etc as a british expat?

How much will it set me back a month?

·
Registered
831 Posts
BringBackBuck8 said:
Cheers for the replies; very helpful. Anybody got all the sports channels and movies etc as a british expat? How much will it set me back a month?
Lot more then UK, Du bill for Internet, TV and phone averages 900+ per month .given that watch relatively few of the channels might cut back especially as most of sport is now on Al Jazeera

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi there,

2) Heineken Cup Rugby
3) Six Nations Rugby
4) NRL

Any advice greatfully accepted. I'll be back asking about cars, internet and beaches in due course!
As has been mentioned AL Jazeera have the rights to EPL in UAE, I believe ether rugby is on OSN. You have to subscribe to either Du or Etisalat depending on your building OR if you have a satelittle dish or are allowed to have a satelittle dish you can subscribe to OSN directly. You'll need to make sure your package includes the relevant sports channels or have them as add ons.

No channels have Sky/BB etc none of them are broadcast outside the UK. The only BBC channel you can get is BBC world & BBC entertainment which are broadcast internationally with content specifically designed for the international market by the BBC for example BBC news, Eastenders (!) etc.

We have all this on our DU package and it costs around 600 AED a month including an 8MB broadband package which is definitely never used all the time to download TV shows via the internet. Nope. No way. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
UK channels are available via the filmon website, not a bad free option. Various IPTV providers can supply UK freeview channels. Sky is also possible with the help of a little bit of software.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts