Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Telecommunication Graduate from overseas(Istanbul Technical Uni) and I am living in Sydney on visa 476. I have 5 years of experience overseas on IT area(Voice Network Engineer).

Telecommunication Engineering Graduate from Istanbul Technical Uni/Turkey
3 years Voice Engineer in Turkey
2 years SIP Product Support in Turkey
1 Year Voice Engineer in Sydney

My experience is all about VoIP.:confused:

So to apply PR which assessment should I get? Does anybody know a similar story that can help me understand what should be the next step?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I am a Telecommunication Graduate from overseas(Istanbul Technical Uni) and I am living in Sydney on visa 476. I have 5 years of experience overseas on IT area(Voice Network Engineer).

So to apply PR which assessment should I get? Does anybody know a similar story that can help me understand what should be the next step?
Search the ANZSCO and look at the duties.

Searching: Australian Bureau of Statistics (www.abs.gov.au)

Then find which one closely matches yours.

The new list is here : https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850

This thread will help : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...engineer-australia-processing-time-frame.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

Reactions: takobaba

·
Registered
242 Posts

What subjects you have covered in your Engineering.

Ielts Dec L9 R8 W7 S7
EA applied 1st Apr 2017
First reply 9th May additional docs
submited on 13th May
EA outcome +ve 16th May
Engineering Professional
Telecom Engineer 263312

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, image not displayed correctly; forum restrictions I cant share the link. But, if you right click and copy the image address you can see the link to photo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check if the subject "Intro to comp and Inf system" somehow relates to the duties you have performed. Rest all other subjects are more towards elec. And telecom.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Now see what will be your points after adding 5 years of exp. And then check whats the cut off of that ANZSCO. If it has long waiting then you can go through EA but in that case you will not be able to claim exp. points but if you will have 60+ without that, it will be easier to get invite as telecom is not pro rata as of now. Rest we can wait till 19th or 20th to see the actual picture.
But in my opinion you should not loose 10 points of exp.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also have 5 years of voip experience with SIP products, Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager, IPCC/UCCE/UCCX and various other IP Telephony and Unified communication platforms. In june I applied to ACS for anzo code 263111 and got a positive assessment for it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also have 5 years of voip experience with SIP products, Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager, IPCC/UCCE/UCCX and various other IP Telephony and Unified communication platforms. In june I applied to ACS for anzo code 263111 and got a positive assessment for it.
You are from which stream of engineering??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now see what will be your points after adding 5 years of exp. And then check whats the cut off of that ANZSCO. If it has long waiting then you can go through EA but in that case you will not be able to claim exp. points but if you will have 60+ without that, it will be easier to get invite as telecom is not pro rata as of now. Rest we can wait till 19th or 20th to see the actual picture.
But in my opinion you should not loose 10 points of exp.
Thanks for the answer. But let me share details with my current situation.

First 3 years of my overseas experience i was still student but working as full timer. So, I may not be Able to get points from that. but there is one year experience in Sydney which is 5 points that makes me 60.

So, I wonder if I can go for telecommunications engineer assessment with EA and still get 5 points from my voice engineer experience in AU.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for the answer. But let me share details with my current situation.

First 3 years of my overseas experience i was still student but working as full timer. So, I may not be Able to get points from that. but there is one year experience in Sydney which is 5 points that makes me 60.

So, I wonder if I can go for telecommunications engineer assessment with EA and still get 5 points from my voice engineer experience in AU.
I think you will not get those 5 points for exp.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check roles and responsibilities for 263312 and if they match with the roles and resp that you have performed then you can.

Ielts Dec L9 R8 W7 S7
EA applied 1st Apr 2017
First reply 9th May additional docs
submited on 13th May
EA outcome +ve 16th May
Engineering Professional
Telecom Engineer 263312

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 more question:

What if I go with ACS assessment since I won't be able to get points from my experience do I have to submit my experience with letters from my old companies or can I just get my degree assessed?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts