Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is currently living in the UK, he attended Oxford Brookes university from September 2010 - September 2011 and began his job with Jaguar/Land Rover as a development engineer shortly after graduation. We were married December 30, 2011 and His Tier 1 post study work visa was submitted January 5, 2012. I returned to the states the end of January in hopes that his application process wouldn't take long and it has now been 5 months with no resolution. His biometrics were completed April 14, 2012 and the weeks continue to pass with no word.

I am looking for assistance so that I am able to finish moving as soon as possible. Firstly, can I submit my application before his is completed? Also, is there any sort of way to expedite the process? He has tried to contact the UK Border Agency MULTIPLE times in reference to his application with no success. They only tell him that until it has been 6 months that there is nothing they are able to disclose. I am looking for any suggestions or advice as we would like to be together again as soon as possible.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
My husband is currently living in the UK, he attended Oxford Brookes university from September 2010 - September 2011 and began his job with Jaguar/Land Rover as a development engineer shortly after graduation. We were married December 30, 2011 and His Tier 1 post study work visa was submitted January 5, 2012. I returned to the states the end of January in hopes that his application process wouldn't take long and it has now been 5 months with no resolution. His biometrics were completed April 14, 2012 and the weeks continue to pass with no word.

I am looking for assistance so that I am able to finish moving as soon as possible. Firstly, can I submit my application before his is completed? Also, is there any sort of way to expedite the process? He has tried to contact the UK Border Agency MULTIPLE times in reference to his application with no success. They only tell him that until it has been 6 months that there is nothing they are able to disclose. I am looking for any suggestions or advice as we would like to be together again as soon as possible.
Please tell us your husband's nationality and your nationality. What kind of visa is he on at the moment? What kind of visa are you applying for? Why were his biometrics not taken till April, more than 3 months after his application? When did he submit his supporting documents? Is your husband working in UK before his PSW visa is approved? Did he apply by post?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My husband is American and is currently on a student visa. Technically his student visa expired at the end of January but because his application has been in review he has continued to work. Once his tier 1 post study is finalized I will be applying as a dependent. All of his supporting documents were mailed by post with his visa application January 5, he was contacted later by mail to advise that there was a problem with his bank. Lloyds TSB did not recognize the charge and therefor denied it thinking that it was fraudulent. Finally, he was able to send the payment portion directly to the payment center and shortly after was contacted about his biometrics. Today marks 6 weeks since his biometrics have been submitted and we still have not heard anything.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
MrsMurphy1230 said:
My husband is American and is currently on a student visa. Technically his student visa expired at the end of January but because his application has been in review he has continued to work. Once his tier 1 post study is finalized I will be applying as a dependent. All of his supporting documents were mailed by post with his visa application January 5, he was contacted later by mail to advise that there was a problem with his bank. Lloyds TSB did not recognize the charge and therefor denied it thinking that it was fraudulent. Finally, he was able to send the payment portion directly to the payment center and shortly after was contacted about his biometrics. Today marks 6 weeks since his biometrics have been submitted and we still have not heard anything.
Ok I got the picture now!
Pity he didn't go for same-day premium service for extra couple of hundred pounds, then all his problems with payment, biometrics and long wait would have been avoided. As things stand, there is nothing he can do to speed up the process. They aim to process postal application within 6 month but 3-4 months is more usual from his biometric appointment. So he may have to wait further 6 to 10 weeks, unless he is lucky. And I'm afraid you can't apply until his FLR is through.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
MrsMurphy1230 said:
Pity he didn't go for same-day premium service where he wouldn't have had problems with payment and long wait. As things stand, there is nothing he can do except to wait. Average processing for postal application is 3-4 months from his biometrics (as they wouldn't have looked at his papers before) so he may still have 6-10 weeks to wait, unless he is lucky. And you can't apply as dependant until his FLR is issued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.