Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have moved into the Marina for 3 months while finding somewhere more permanent to live and bring with me an 18 year old son and 13 year old daughter. has anyone got any suggestions of how I can get them to meet others of a similar age.

My son is into the gym, football and rugby and my daughter the normal things any 13 year old girl would do (you can tell I'm male!!!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
I have moved into the Marina for 3 months while finding somewhere more permanent to live and bring with me an 18 year old son and 13 year old daughter. has anyone got any suggestions of how I can get them to meet others of a similar age.

My son is into the gym, football and rugby and my daughter the normal things any 13 year old girl would do (you can tell I'm male!!!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,
Out of interest, what will your son be doing whilst in Dubai - working or studying?
It's difficult to sponsor 18 year old sons in Dubai.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve,

Son is a qualified gym instructor and currently studying for his PT. He hopes to get a job in a gym at the end of it.

Does no one have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Banned
913 Posts
Hi Steve,

Son is a qualified gym instructor and currently studying for his PT. He hopes to get a job in a gym at the end of it.

Does no one have any ideas?

Thanks
well your question already has the answers your looking for

Son - join a rugby / football team to meet people, also he will meet ppl in the gym as well (ps i think he will struggle to get a decent money as a PT Instructor. Just my two cents

Daughter - she'll meet ppl in school, after clubs. (ps why don't you ask her what sort of things she likes ;) then find those types of activities.

It sound like your looking for a miracle answer, when the answer is this - get them out of the apartment and talk to ppl. Crazy eh!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well your question already has the answers your looking for

Son - join a rugby / football team to meet people, also he will meet ppl in the gym as well (ps i think he will struggle to get a decent money as a PT Instructor. Just my two cents

Daughter - she'll meet ppl in school, after clubs. (ps why don't you ask her what sort of things she likes ;) then find those types of activities.

It sound like your looking for a miracle answer, when the answer is this - get them out of the apartment and talk to ppl. Crazy eh!!
Many thanks for your reply.

As regards son, starting salary for a PT is 4500 a month and rising. Have tried local rugby/football clubs, but none are replying, presumably because its out of season.
F
re daughter she is enrolled in school but doesn't start until September, so cant make friends until then. I already have her doing her open water diver and she is learning how to skate.

Finally thought I was talking to people and one of the ways of doing this was to put this post on here!!!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Many thanks for your reply.

As regards son, starting salary for a PT is 4500 a month and rising. Have tried local rugby/football clubs, but none are replying, presumably because its out of season.
F
re daughter she is enrolled in school but doesn't start until September, so cant make friends until then. I already have her doing her open water diver and she is learning how to skate.

Finally thought I was talking to people and one of the ways of doing this was to put this post on here!!!
I am not part of a rugby team here in Abu, but they are hounding me to join in the gym! Preseason starts in two weeks if that helps. I am going to guess majority of the players are teachers so on holiday. Thats a wild guess though as I am not part of a team

Daughter, you going to have to talk to her :) Difficult i know, all that pink rubbish. Switch off her iphone for 30minutes!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Iggles. Struggling with the pinkie stuff, that's why I'm taking her diving instead!!!!!

Re rugby. Have sen t several e mails to Dubai Hurricanes re pre season, but have got no reply. Perhaps I should try some of the other clubs. Any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts