Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have just returned from a vacation in Canada which has made up my mind that I want to go over for a year with possibly the intention of staying longer if things go well. I have posted here before and received good advice so I'm hoping for the same again!
I am a qualified primary school teacher but I am aware that securing a job, especially in Ontario, would be no easy task. In Scotland, as a primary teacher, I can automatically be a nursery teacher. Can anyone tell me if this is true in Canada? Can I work in kindergarden or pre school establishments without additional qualifications? I read on the internet that to be the supervisor in a nursery you need a diploma in early childhood education or equivelent, is my honours degree equivelent? I did do nursery placements during my degree and focus on that aspect for lots of assignments but I cant find the answer! I'd be grateful to anyone who knows.
I know that on the BUNAC visa you can work anywhere and this is something I am prepard to do as I want to experience Canadian culture and life so being a teacher is not crucial to this, i'd just like to know my options. Tanks again :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.