Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been applying for teaching jobs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for the past four months through agencies. I've had no luck yet. I have five years full time experience in the European curriculum. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice regarding how to try and find a job? I will leave my job here in three weeks time and want to have something lined up by then.

Thanks,
Cnich

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

You may find you're to late now. Most schools begin their recruiting process early in term 2 (Feb).
When you say European curriculum, what exactly do you mean? IB, British curriculum?
Your best bet would be to share your CV with the school's online recruitment/careers page, most of them have them. A quick Google should give you most of the private companies out here. You could even look at the khda schools information - that would give you some ideas of the kind of schools you'd be applying to so you could adjust your cv accordingly.
Good luck!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you guys know if there is certain certifications needed to be a teacher in Dubai? I guess for UK schools you would need some UK certification and so on? What about other schools?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts