Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize to those who have seen this question a hundred times, but this is my first time in the forum. I am an American with experience as a private tutor and substitute teacher. I will be moving to Paris with a visa that I obtained through my wife's company which allows me to work in France (she is being transferred there).

I am looking for services through which I might be able to find work teaching English. Additionally, as I work as a musician here in New York, I would like to know if anybody has any experience or knowledge of giving piano lessons as a freelancer?

Thanks for your feedback everybody and looking forward to speaking with you!

·
Administrator
50,872 Posts
To work as a freelancer in France you'll have to set up some sort of business entity. The AE (auto-entrepreneur) is usually a good first option. See the portal site (in French) for information: Portail officiel des auto-entrepreneurs

The one caveat is that you can only have a single AE business, and your work has to conform to the business you have declared. You may have to find a way to conform your two freelance possibilities to one single AE (say, "piano lessons in English" or "English lessons, with the option to learn a practical area, such as piano").

Otherwise, check the various language schools for part-time work and do the piano lessons as an AE.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.