Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My husband and I are moving to Dammam, Saudi Arabia in about a month, if all goes well. I am interested in becoming certified to teach English as a second language, so I can teach in Saudi. I have a BS in Statistics/Math, but I never formally studied English or teaching. I obviously don't have time to get another degree before we leave, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend reputable online TEFL/TESOL certifications/degree programs? I know there are a ton of programs, but I have read that most online programs don't have a very good reputation, and it's not easy to get a job with certification from an online program. Any input or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone! My husband and I are moving to Dammam, Saudi Arabia in about a month, if all goes well. I am interested in becoming certified to teach English as a second language, so I can teach in Saudi. I have a BS in Statistics/Math, but I never formally studied English or teaching. I obviously don't have time to get another degree before we leave, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend reputable online TEFL/TESOL certifications/degree programs? I know there are a ton of programs, but I have read that most online programs don't have a very good reputation, and it's not easy to get a job with certification from an online program. Any input or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Saudi is pretty competitive. You need good qualifications there. Most teachers there have a lot of experience. CELTA is probably the best that you can do without going back to school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts