Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in America, on my way to Quebec. I am willing to do any job in Quebec (especially Montreal) which would allow for a temporary work permit but am most qualified and experienced in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I am also a recent graduate in French and English. Where am I most likely to find teaching jobs (quickly) at this time of year? Are there any helpful websites? Do universities look for language assistants throughout the term? Does any-one know if there is a market for private students and if the law tolerates this? Also, what language should I send my cv in (I speak French to a good level)?

Thanks for any replies

Emma

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I am currently in America, on my way to Quebec. I am willing to do any job in Quebec (especially Montreal) which would allow for a temporary work permit but am most qualified and experienced in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I am also a recent graduate in French and English. Where am I most likely to find teaching jobs (quickly) at this time of year? Are there any helpful websites? Do universities look for language assistants throughout the term? Does any-one know if there is a market for private students and if the law tolerates this? Also, what language should I send my cv in (I speak French to a good level)?

Thanks for any replies

Emma
What visa are you using to enter Canada (Quebec)? You do know, I assume, that you just cannot come here and work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What visa are you using to enter Canada (Quebec)? You do know, I assume, that you just cannot come here and work.
Its perfectly legal to visit Canada for 6 months, and to look for work. Of course, to actually work the employer needs to support a work permit which is the difficulty.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you're going to be looking for virtually any job in Montreal which involves interaction with the public, you will have to be fully bilingual (English/French).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.