Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK and have been offered an interview at the SRS school in Dubai just wonderd if anyone could tell me a bit more about it? E.g. Whats it like? Standard of education? Or does anyone know anyone who works there?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Miss_S

·
Registered
275 Posts
MissS_185 said:
I live in the UK and have been offered an interview at the SRS school in Dubai just wonderd if anyone could tell me a bit more about it? E.g. Whats it like? Standard of education? Or does anyone know anyone who works there?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Miss_S
Not familiar with this school, when you get your posts up i'l pm you :) good luck and congratulations on new post

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I did! But haven't heard anything yet - maybe not a good sign that you've had an offer I haven't had anything! Lol! Did they email you? I thought my interview went well - so I am just keeping my fingers crossed. xx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a secondary job - business studies. So it's year 9 upwards. Yeah they called me this morning. Just waiting on the package now. It's madness that I in actual fact could be going now. Are you excited? Is your package good?x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys...just saying hello! I'm teaching there too this year (primary). Would be good to be in touch with fellow newbies! :)
Hi Marianne,

I will be teaching in the primary base too, very excited. When did you accept the job? I accepted mine in March. Will try to send you a message on here but not sure if you will receive it due to there being a minimum post requirement. We have a growing group on facebook of people, mainly teachers, who are moving out the Dubai this summer. It has proved to be very helpful.

x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I actually just got the job few days ago so still need to sort out visa. I will prob come around the same time. I am going to be int he kindergarden age group, so nursery children. Do you have a facebook group for the other teachers starting. Do you know who you are staying with?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, I actually just got the job few days ago so still need to sort out visa. I will prob come around the same time. I am going to be int he kindergarden age group, so nursery children. Do you have a facebook group for the other teachers starting. Do you know who you are staying with?
Hiya Jamila!

There is fb group - send miss s (shes the moderator) or me a msg with your email and we will invite you. I tried to message you but I'm not sure you got it. Same to Marianne also, I'm not sure you got my msg as I think I put my email in and they block them.

Not sure what you mean by who I am staying with? We have 1 bed apts at Ghoroob Mirdif (vids are on youtube).

Btw, I was under the impression we did not need to get a visa. British Citizens can stay for 30 days without a visa and that can be extended to 90 days on request. The school processes the work visa for us when we arrive as per the staff handbook / contract. If you haven't received the new starter docs I could email them to you. Did you get the msg from the ast head with school info on policies, curriculum etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone going to work at SRS, I will be joining you all in Dubai in August, I am 24 from London and I have only just accepted the job 4 days ago. What year group are you all teaching? I still have to book my flight what date are people flying? The accommodation looks good too.
Cant wait to chat with you all.
B x

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I will be teaching Y1 and am flying out with Miss S 19th aug. Getting very excited about Dubai and now Mirdif. It appears to be a great place to live and Mirdif City Centre looks cool and just discovered Dubai Mushrif Park | Mushrif Park In Dubai | Dubai Park Mushrif is across the road pretty much.
Hello trendybendy,

I have lived in Mirdif for the past six years and I can tell you that there are not many other places in Dubai that I would rather be.

It has a great expat community and is well established with lots of shopping malls/cinema's/parks/gyms/hotels/restaurants/bars/pubs very close by, usually within 5-10 mins drive.

When you arrive feel free to drop me a PM, I live very close by and I'd be more than happy to meet up with a few of you, I know of some local nice places for welcome drinkies :)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts