Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I moved to Australia(Visa-189) 3 months back with family. My wife did B.Ed from India(1 Year course). Now, I know she will have to go for her assessment to get a job. Need information that she needs to go for IELTS or PTE along with assessment as this is not very clear on net.

Regards
Dharam

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi All,

I moved to Australia(Visa-189) 3 months back with family. My wife did B.Ed from India(1 Year course). Now, I know she will have to go for her assessment to get a job. Need information that she needs to go for IELTS or PTE along with assessment as this is not very clear on net.

Regards
Dharam
i don't think she needs an assessment from AISL (please recheck though).

She needs to register herself as a Teacher with a local regulatory authority in your State (https://www.aitsl.edu.au/find-your-local-regulatory-authority). You can just contact them to get a clarity on the requirements.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Hi All,

Regards
Dharam
Check for posts by kaju on the forum

He has posted several useful comments about the requirements for teachers to work in Australia

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Parth1310, but I guess assessment is required as they won't consider degree from outside Australia but still checking all this.

Thank you newbienz, you have any link or thread reference where I can check this.

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
Thank you Parth1310, but I guess assessment is required as they won't consider degree from outside Australia but still checking all this.

Thank you newbienz, you have any link or thread reference where I can check this.
Pick your State, here: https://www.aitsl.edu.au/find-your-local-regulatory-authority

Then, check how to register as a teacher.

For example, for Victoria: Registering as a teacher - Victorian Institute of Teaching

For NSW: Overseas teachers | NSW Education Standards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts