Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what a 'standard/typical' school apartment is like? I'll be at Kings', which area of Dubai is the school in? Would be good to see some photos of a standard furnished 'school offered' apartment. Like many of us, Id just like to know what to expect. Can anyone help with that? Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can anyone tell me what a 'standard/typical' school apartment is like? I'll be at Kings', which area of Dubai is the school in? Would be good to see some photos of a standard furnished 'school offered' apartment. Like many of us, Id just like to know what to expect. Can anyone help with that? Thanks
I too am keen on any info on this subject. I will be teaching in one of the Taleem schools. Thanks :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
emmaatko said:
I;ve got a job at Kings' too!! Really excited but there is still so much I want to find out!! Have you got your contract through yet? Let me know if you find out any information! Emma
Have you ha your contract and things through yet? I'm off to kings too but got my job before Christmas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, would be good to share information, I don't think I can send private messages just yet, as a new member I need to send so many thread messages first or be a member for a set period of time. With reference to the original post, I'd also like to know more about the apartments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can help with the apartments as asked about that at interview. The majority of kings apartments are based at The Greens which is near the Emirates Golf Course. It's about 15 mins drive from school. I am not sure about size etc. apart from the fact they are one bed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
emmaatko said:
I got my contract through today so got to really look at it and see if its what I really want! Didn't realise it was a 2 yr contract! Haven't even been to Dubai! Scary stuff!
I went to Dubai in October and loved it. Will be scary to start but can't wait to see the school ad meet everyone

·
Registered
72 Posts
Davies MJ said:
Oh right, thanks! I'll look at a map, I guess we'll be getting taxi's to school, any idea how much that would cost?
Not sure of cost to school but when I took a taxi from the metro to the Atlantis hotel it was around £10. Buses were very cheap and the metro was easy but no nearby stops

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have the contract, I need to find out exactly how many certificates to attest, just degree and PGCE. Cert, or degree and qts cert? The more I attest the more expensive its going to be, at what stage are you guys?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have the contract, I need to find out exactly how many certificates to attest, just degree and PGCE. Cert, or degree and qts cert? The more I attest the more expensive its going to be, at what stage are you guys?
I had to get my degree certificate attested (I didn't do a PGCE so not needed). I also had to dig out my degree transcript, but that does not need to be attested.

My wife has done the same, but we also got our marriage certificate attested.

Mine has taken ages! In fact I got an email yesterday to say it had been dispatched. The delay was due to them trying to verify the signature on the marriage certificate.

Next stop is the UAE Embassy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
seems like a lengthy process, so first it's solicitor attested, then we send them to legalisation office, then after getting them back we send to the embassy. I guess we'll receive details of which medical tests need to be done before we leave etc?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Davies MJ said:
seems like a lengthy process, so first it's solicitor attested, then we send them to legalisation office, then after getting them back we send to the embassy. I guess we'll receive details of which medical tests need to be done before we leave etc?
There is a quicker way to do it, I got all my certs certified, attested and bk to me within a week :) medicals are done once you are here, you have to have the visa medical before you get your residency status, usually a blood test and chest xray. I will dig out the process i used and reply bk :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Davies MJ said:
My wife just done her teaching status certificate and degree, two docs about £70 each! We have just came to dubai

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.