Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been reading these wonderful forums and have enjoyed the information that I have gained from them.

I am looking to move my family to Australia from the U.S.A. I am an elementary (primary) school teacher. My wife is an accountant. I have been teaching for 5 years, and my wife has been an accountant for 2 years.

My question is for those teachers out there... How hard is it to find a teaching job in Australia? We really want to make the move to Australia and it appears that my wife will be able to find a job much easier as an accountant then I would as a teacher...

I am looking to make contact with anyone that might be able to give me some insight on the job market and any difficulties that they have come across during their move.

I am currently 40 and my wife is 39. We have taken a free skill assessment and it appears that we have enough points to immigrate under a 175 Visa.

Any responses or insight would be greatly appreciated! Emails would also be gladly accepted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a teacher from Chicago looking to move to Australia as well. I was wondering if you did move, and if so, how did you make it work? Thanks.

·
Banned
934 Posts
unless your maths teachers jobs are limited atm. It's common for young teaching grads to do a few years in rural areas in Australia before being able to get a job in a mnjor city as few jobs are available. Another thing is as well that migrant teachers always start at the bottem so whatever level or promotions you have recived overseas won't mean anything here.

Good news is that teachers compared to the US in Australia are extremely well paid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts