Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need clarification regarding TCS reference letter. I worked in TCS from 2009-2014.Out these 5 years,I worked in Australia from 2012-2014 (2.5 years). TCS is ready to give a reference letter with my roles and responsibilities. But they are not going to mention my work history in Australia.

Can anyone suggest if this reference letter will hold good with ACS & DIAC?

Regards,

Deepan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I think its better you get it in writing from TCS itself or else you can just have affidavit from your manager or senior working in TCS etc and attach the proofs like visa , payslips of Australia as proof that you were in Australia for the period. You can finally have a self declaration saying that I was working in the same company and project but on an onsite assignment.Just attach as many proofs as you can that you were in Australia.

Again this is from my personal experience. I would let others to comment if they differ.

Reactions: deepanm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Deepan

Can you please share the process of getting a Reference Letter from TCS.
I worked there back in 2011.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I need clarification regarding TCS reference letter. I worked in TCS from 2009-2014.Out these 5 years,I worked in Australia from 2012-2014 (2.5 years). TCS is ready to give a reference letter with my roles and responsibilities. But they are not going to mention my work history in Australia.

Regards,

Deepan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TCS Reference

Hi Deepan

Can you please share the process of getting a Reference Letter from TCS.
I worked there back in 2011.

Thank you.
Hi,

Were you able to get Reference Letter from TCS? I too worked in TCS till 2013.
Please let me know the process if you were successful. :fingerscrossed:

Regards
Kumar

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes Kumar, I was able to.
Two ways:

Slower: Raise a request via Alumni portal and wait for a revert.

Faster: Contact this Team directly: Corporate Exempverification for a quick TAT.

Cheers

Hi,

Were you able to get Reference Letter from TCS? I too worked in TCS till 2013.
Please let me know the process if you were successful. :fingerscrossed:

Regards
Kumar

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi All,

Regards,

Deepan.
dont you have a transfer letter that the company gives when you are deputed to a location ? or some letter of that sort which states that you have been transferred to so and so location for so and so client for the time period . I guess companies as big as TCS will provide such letter !

·
Registered
2 Posts
TCS Reference

Yes Kumar, I was able to.
Two ways:

Slower: Raise a request via Alumni portal and wait for a revert.

Faster: Contact this Team directly: Corporate Exempverification for a quick TAT.

Cheers
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you please provide the exact email id of the Corporate Exempverification group of TCS. I was unable to send email to this group as it stated wrong email id.

Regards
Kumar

·
Registered
13 Posts
TCS Reference

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you please provide the exact email id of the Corporate Exempverification group of TCS. I was unable to send email to this group as it stated wrong email id.

Regards
Kumar

It's Corporate.ExEmpVerification @tcs. com

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Guys,

Will the process work if you are currently associated with TCS ??

I went for SD anyways but still curious to know if it would work if you are currently employed

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

Regards,

Deepan.
Hi Deepan,
HR denied to release any such letter, can you help me with the approach you would have followed for the letter.
Many Thanks

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Deepan,
HR denied to release any such letter, can you help me with the approach you would have followed for the letter.
Many Thanks

Regards
Hi, Ok,sorry, I learnt in later posts that its only for ex employees. any one have any idea for existing employees pls let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi, Ok,sorry, I learnt in later posts that its only for ex employees. any one have any idea for existing employees pls let me know. Thanks.
You wont get it. Go for Statutory declaration. I took that route

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would like to know if the statutory declaration is self declaration.
Do we have to get it done on stamp paper of Rs 100/-.

Can anyone share a statutory declaration format for India.

Thanks
Hi Alpana,
It is not self declaration, but a declaration to be done by your senior colleague (third person).
Can be done on 10/- or 20/-stamp paper.

Format can be like an standard certificate of declaration mentioning
Your name, company name, designation, worked -from -to, Roles (in your words as per your profession <avoid copying>),

at the end reference person's name giving declaration,
his/her designation, relation, email, contact number

To be notarized with 'Signed before me' statement.

Hope this is helpful and works for us.:fingerscrossed:

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Alpana,
It is not self declaration, but a declaration to be done by your senior colleague (third person).
Can be done on 10/- or 20/-stamp paper.

Format can be like an standard certificate of declaration mentioning
Your name, company name, designation, worked -from -to, Roles (in your words as per your profession <avoid copying>),

at the end reference person's name giving declaration,
his/her designation, relation, email, contact number

To be notarized with 'Signed before me' statement.

Hope this is helpful and works for us.:fingerscrossed:

Thanks
Thanks for your revert. I would like to know if we have worked in 3 companies in our career and job profiles in all companies have been similar with some difference can we list the same roles and responsibilities in all our reference letter or they have to be reworded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your revert. I would like to know if we have worked in 3 companies in our career and job profiles in all companies have been similar with some difference can we list the same roles and responsibilities in all our reference letter or they have to be reworded.
Hi Alpana, yes.. For three companies you would need 3 SDs with role statements modified in each letter. They shouldn't be exactly same..make some changes in each letter. Just keep the key-words same.

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Alpana, yes.. For three companies you would need 3 SDs with role statements modified in each letter. They shouldn't be exactly same..make some changes in each letter. Just keep the key-words same.

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for your prompt response.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts