Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
You want to be a Taxi Driver or a Software Tester.... :)
Saw your other post where you are aksing how to become a Software tester.

What is your original occupation or are you just kidding around on the forum.

How much a taxi driver makes in sydney? Please throw some light.....

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sukesh,

is it worth trying for software testing jobs by taking training and practicing? Please comment something
What is your profession btw?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Even if you learn testing how will you be able to gain experience proof for it.
How will you show you've been working as a tester.
During interview they will be asking for proof what you plan on doing on that.

Hello ramesh,

I am on Permanent resident visa came to sydney two years ago. I am a secondary applicant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even if you learn testing how will you be able to gain experience proof for it.
How will you show you've been working as a tester.
During interview they will be asking for proof what you plan on doing on that.
I will explain in interview with scenarios. I will learn scenarios and examples from internet. I will get an experience certificate from indian consultancy company.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will explain in interview with scenarios. I will learn scenarios and examples from internet. I will get an experience certificate from indian consultancy company.
They will give you an example and either get you to test on a computer or diagramically. You will also need to have one of you referees confirm your experience. It's not something you really can fake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Buddy,
You cannot easily fake experience. Imagine talking to someone who has been doing testing and managing testers and has taken loads of interviews and telling them your "experience" as a tester. He will see right through you and call your bluff in 5 minutes (if not less).
I strongly suggest you try giving your collage project experience and other stuff you have done and get a job (it may not pay well but you are doing it for the experience.) after a couple of years you will get the job you want

PS: I have never been to Australia but this is from my experience in the IT industry in India. There may be ways to land a job for people just out of collage in Australia. you may follow that

·
Registered
837 Posts
Its not that easy to get a job with experience certificate from some consultancy firm. People are struggling to find a job with ample of experience in their domains.

Try some course in TAFE (google it) and then start fresh job hunt in Australia.

Reactions: nextgoal

·
Registered
57 Posts
@rohinimanohar,
are you really that desperate? why not find a proper job in your home country?

working casual job may be enough to get by, but 'getting by' does not take you anywhere.
just my 2 cent..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know a couple of freshers trying for IT jobs from the past 2 years and they are still at home searching for opportunities in every available forum.

Good that you want to do something , though it is not even related to IT . Look at yourself and see if you have any special skill that can be put to work , else select a skill that you think would suit you and find a training course for it .

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Please do not expect a job based on fake experience. Firstly, its illegal and wrong and secondly, it would be unfair to all those people who have worked fair and square and spent a lot of money to get an Australian PR.

And don't assume that a fake peice of paper would land you a job, its not that simple! It would be easier to get a job the hard way (by taking new courses, studying and working hard).

Nothing wrong in driving cabs, but you should also think of doing justice to the bachelors degree.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts