work from home.

citizen of an EU country where tax rate is x

living in spain where tax rate is y

y>x

what's my tax?

·
Administrator
49,823 Posts
If you are resident in Spain, you pay taxes in Spain. Depending on your country of citizenship, you may also have to file a tax return/declaration in your home country, but you shouldn't be double taxed on the same income.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Now do you know what the approximate tax rate is for an annual income of 25K EUR? and 50K EUR? (The amount I work is flexible.) If there are local taxes (Canaries) can you please include them in your estimate. Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Thank you. Now do you know what the approximate tax rate is for an annual income of 25K EUR? and 50K EUR? (The amount I work is flexible.) If there are local taxes (Canaries) can you please include them in your estimate. Thanks very much in advance.
You'll find what you want HERE

You'll find its higher here than in the UK

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You'll find what you want HERE
that is helpful, but a bit confusing. there doesn't seem to be any info about autonomos on there.

using those figures, how does this calculation look for a married autonomo making 30K per year:

autonomo charge of 12x250=3K

two personal deductions of 5151

subtract these get: 16698

24% of that is 4007

thus total paid out is 3K+4K=7K

however, maybe a married autonomo only gets one personal deduction?

and, it also says on that link that the threshold is 22K. so if i only made 21999, perhaps i wouldn't have to file at all??

i don't like to put all my info on the web, but here is the kicker: my tax rate in my home country is effectively zero! maybe i should just spend 6 months in the islands!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.