Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently moved over from the UK to Philadelphia and I'm hoping someone on here can help me with regards to paying Pennsylvania (state), Philadelphia (city) and Federal taxes.

I currently work for a UK based company and I'm getting paid in GBP into a UK bank account. I've already got a NT code from HMRC and this has been reflected in my salary (I'm currently being paid before tax).

Will I need to pay all three types of taxes and if so, how do I go about paying them?

If anyone knows an accountant who has experience with this located in the Philadelphia area, can you pass on their details? That would be great!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
51,551 Posts
If you're on a work visa, it doesn't matter where or how you're being paid. You will wind up having to file Federal, State and City taxes while you're resident in the US. Your employer should be taking withholding on your salary - and if not, you need to start filing quarterly estimates.

You may want to check the Expat Tax section here in the forums: Expat Tax - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts