Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do the bills for taxes d'habitation and taxes foncières get issued? Not received either yet at my UK address and don't want to be penalised for late payments.
Thanks in advance.
P

·
Administrator
48,554 Posts
When do the bills for taxes d'habitation and taxes foncières get issued? Not received either yet at my UK address and don't want to be penalised for late payments.
Thanks in advance.
P
They seem to be starting to issue them just now. DH received the taxe foncière bill for a house he owns up north - and then yesterday there was another bill from the tax folks which, I guess, must be the taxe foncière on our house here. I think the taxe d'hab usually are issued about a month later.

·
Administrator
48,554 Posts
Normally I think the first one (foncière) has a mid November deadline for payment. The second one (taxe d'hab) is usually payable by mid December.

If you have an online account with the Fisc, you can download the bills from there and you can pay them online, too.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Note you can sign up for automatic monthly payments of both taxes by bank transfer. On the one hand, you do not have to worry about being on-time. But, on the other hand, you do effectively pay in advance and if you have cash-flow issues, this could be a problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
my tax foncier notice says date to pay is by 15 October.
You can't have monthly payments unless after you receive your first avis ... which was my case and I had to ask for later payment over 6 months ... and I inscribed for the monthly deduction for next year
now for 3 or 4 months, I will be paying 2 installments for tax foncier !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies ... very helpful.
I get jittery but have also been in touch with a neighbour who reassures me that nothing has yet come in 'chez lui'.
P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts