Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I bought a property in Cebolla - next year I will be liable for land/property tax as I bought the property in February this year.

I know the deadline for taxes to be paid is June.

There was a fee taken out of my Spanish bank account for being a non resident which was around 35 euros - this will be taken every 2 years until I become a resident.

The property will not be rented out.

I live and work in the UK.

Is there any other tax I should be paying.

Thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
I bought a property in Cebolla - next year I will be liable for land/property tax as I bought the property in February this year.
You'll be liable for non-resident property tax (Impuestos sobre la Renta de no residentes) from the day you took possession of your property:

Spanish tax form 210

You will also have to pay local taxes such as IBI, Basura etc as well.

The €35 charge to your bank account is probably the bank charge for having a non-resident bank account.

Reactions: xabiaxica

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll be liable for non-resident property tax (Impuestos sobre la Renta de no residentes) from the day you took possession of your property:

Spanish tax form 210

You will also have to pay local taxes such as IBI, Basura etc as well.

The €35 charge to your bank account is probably the bank charge for having a non-resident bank account.
Thanks for this information.

After reading your reply, I checked this out by finding a company that deals with Spanish taxes in the UK.

The IBI tax would have been paid by the previous owners of the property. As I did not own the property as at 01/01/2013, I will be liable for the IBI tax in 2014.

Non resident tax is payable in arrears, so I will be liable to pay this in 2014.

Once I've paid the first round of taxes, it will be easier next time - knowing when to pay and what :tea:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts