Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi are there any retired police officers who could advise me how on earth I file a French tax return if I only have s police pension, no savings!!! No rentals or hind in UK, no work here and not looking for work here! My family were here last week and it caused few problems re getting to get firms do it's now getting late. My French is limited and I really would appreciate help

·
Administrator
50,034 Posts
If you're filing on paper, you're late already. Though it sounds as though you probably won't owe anything anyhow. Easiest approach at this date is to go make an appointment with your local tax office and ask them nicely to help you. It sounds like it will be simple for them to tell you how to fill out the forms. Then you thank them profusely and everyone leaves happy. (Unless you actually owe something, there's no penalty for filing late - and I've known folks who have gone in late asking for help and the tax office simply waives any penalties.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I read it as 31st for paper!! I did go but the office was so busy I couldn't get near machine to get ticket and lady handed me forms! Someone suggested asking them for help but then I'll be really late! I'll try that thank you

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You should have two forms-a pink one called 2047 and a blue 2042.I could explain on here what to do but it will take forer as I am only a one finger typer so I suggest you go to the web site of The Connexion newspaper and download for about 3 euros their How to complete your tax return it is clear and simple to follow.You need to declare your income from the point that you arrived here for the calendar year 2014.Then go with your completed forms and your p60s to the tax office grovel a bit and thank them and I think you will find they will help you I do not know if you can send private messages but if you can I will give you my phone no and I will talk you through it

·
Administrator
50,034 Posts
Both of you are well above the threshold for being able to send and receive PMs. Just click on the person's name in the upper left corner of any message. On the drop down menu you get, there should be a choice for Send a private message to .... (and the person's forum name).

It's much safer to post personal contact information via PM rather than to post online. You never know who's lurking here and you certainly don't want to start getting crank or harrassing calls.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts