Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Another question regarding taxes.

I am trying to set up my account online at impots.gouv.fr for my taxes. I am moving at the end of June so trying to get everything in order.

I have been able to set up an account, but it only shows my taxe d'habitation -- not the impot sur les revenus tax also.

I seem to have two different numero fiscals? The number on on my avis for the impots sur revenus is different than the numero fiscal listed on my avis for tax d'habitation.

I have contacted the SIP asking for my teledeclarant info (lost the number) so that I can set up my online account for my revenu taxes, and each time they refer me back to the numero fiscal on my taxe d'habitation avis (not the fiscal number listed on my avis for the revenu).

Is this normal to have two different numero fiscals (one for taxe d'habitation and another one for revenu)? For reference, I can pay my revenu tax online with the numero fiscal listed on my revenu avis (along with the specific reference de l'avis number), but just not set up an actual account that I can manage (i.e. change address, etc).

Sorry if this post is confusing. I've been trying to figure this out for days (along with dealing with numerous French tax offices)!

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Try setting up your account by first entering your numero fiscal for revenue and see where that takes you.

Sorry, I can't help regarding having 2 different numbers, but would definitely suggest you contact your local tax office to clarify as your taxe d'hab is usually established via your avis d'impots. That may differ, of course, if you took up residence on 1 January. I think the only way to sort this out is with the tax office, although your next taxe d'hab will derive from this year's declaration and avis, so it would appear it's only your internet account that will be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried setting up account online with the numero fiscal number as well, but no luck.

I'm moving back to the US so trying to get everything figured out before I leave. Don't want to have outstanding tax bills that I'm not aware of. I've tried getting the address changed on the account so hopefully that takes. I've also signed up for international mail forwarding from La Poste (just in case so I can receive any bills that may not have changed). Hopefully their service works!!!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm a bit surprised that you no longer have your numéro de télédeclarant - it should be on the documents you have received (avis d'imposition, déclaration préremplie).

Otherwise you can contact your local impots office by email or telephone (or post!) and explain your problem, they usually reply rapidly and are very helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Verite - My company has had a tax company file my taxes for the past two years, so they always send in the paper documents. When I received my pre-filled tax info from the gov't this year, I didn't think anything of it and threw it away (because the agency had already filed my taxes). Stupid me! I should know to never throw away any type of document in France -- even if you think you don't need it!!

I've contacted my local impots office and each time they tell me the numero fiscal I've given them is wrong (I gave them the one listed on my income tax avis). When I gave them the numero fiscal on my taxe d'habitation, they were able to supply me with all necessary info (teledeclarant, etc).

But, the problem lies in the fact that while I can access the account online with those numbers, it does not show me any of my relevant information for the income taxes I owe. Only the habitation taxes.

I was just surprised that I have different numero fiscals. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I never paid any attention to it in the past because I've always just been able to pay when the avis arrived. But now that I'm leaving France, it's got me wondering!

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
I think the issue perhaps arises because you haven't been filing yourself. There is almost certainly no tax calculation yet for you for this year though (you are ahead of the tax office in seeking that info) and you will need to wait for your avis. If the tax office has given you the same number as appears on your taxe d'hab and your teledeclarant number, then those are probably correct and your previous avis may perhaps have contained an error. I think you will just have to wait and see how it pans out. In any case, you will need to submit a tax declaration on line next year and for that you should use the no fiscal that appears on this year's avis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts