Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

Been trying to find a Online income tax calculator with no luck.

What would be a net salary of 25.000 euros after all deductions ( Social Security, etc)

Cheers

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi all ,

Been trying to find a Online income tax calculator with no luck.

What would be a net salary of 25.000 euros after all deductions ( Social Security, etc)

Cheers
As a rough guide take off 20% for social security - you'll get your tax form to fill in before the end of May for 2009. Your payslip will identify taxable pay.

I did find an online tax calculator on the internet but don't think I kept it - will Google again.

·
Administrator
49,808 Posts
Figure on 20 to 25% of your gross income "withheld" each month for social security. No income tax is taken from your pay in France, so if you're looking for your net "disposable" income, that's generally it.

There are some tax calculators online, but they are mostly in French and you need to know a bit about the taxes here to use them. Taxable income (your starting point in the calculation) is your gross less most (but not all) of your social insurances.

Then you deduct 10% of that as "professional expenses." (There is an option to take actual expenses but only if you have receipts for everything. Most people take the 10%.)

After that things can get complicated. The actual tax calculation depends on what deductions, allowances and other income adjustments you're entitled to. Then, there is a calculation based on how many people in your household. (Income taxes in France go by household.)

But you only file your tax declaration in May following the end of the calendar (i.e. tax) year. You're assessed your taxes in August or September and make monthly payments to settle your tax bill and then to pre-pay your current year's taxes. It sounds complicated but once you're past that first year, it's actually quite simple.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.