Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be grateful if anyone knows, not a guess please, if an industrial injury award, paid tax free in UK (in my case with Crown Pension) will have to be declared in Spain. I am asking as I am aware that previously ignored Crown Pensions will need to be declared in next year's tax return.

I know that UK Invalidity/Incapacity Benefit was tax free in Spain, if it could be claimed it was for 100% invalidity/incapacity.

Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
I should be grateful if anyone knows, not a guess please, if an industrial injury award, paid tax free in UK (in my case with Crown Pension) will have to be declared in Spain. I am asking as I am aware that previously ignored Crown Pensions will need to be declared in next year's tax return.

I know that UK Invalidity/Incapacity Benefit was tax free in Spain, if it could be claimed it was for 100% invalidity/incapacity.

Thanks
Your post raised a question in my mind as my wife has a personal injury claim in the UK which we are hoping will be settled this year and we hadn´t ever before thought about the tax implications in Spain. Your post prompted me to write to our Spanish accountants and they have only just got around to replying. They say any compensation payment for injury made in the UK would not be taxed in Spain. That´s a relief!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.