Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving out to Canada in May this year. I have permanent residence status. I'm just going through the taxation issue. i.e. will my earnings and investments me subject to UK and Canadian tax - submit 2 lot's of tax returns each year. I realise that answers to this are on an individual case by case basis. I wondering if any expat or person going through the same preparation of moving to Canada has used any Independant Tax advisor? if so can anyone recommed any company that I could ask for advise? - Any help would be much appreciated :confused2:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I will be moving out to Canada in May this year. I have permanent residence status. I'm just going through the taxation issue. i.e. will my earnings and investments me subject to UK and Canadian tax - submit 2 lot's of tax returns each year. I realise that answers to this are on an individual case by case basis. I wondering if any expat or person going through the same preparation of moving to Canada has used any Independant Tax advisor? if so can anyone recommed any company that I could ask for advise? - Any help would be much appreciated :confused2:
Canadian law requires that your worldwide income is reported each year but any tax paid elsewhere would be offset against any Canadian tax exigible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.