Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will be moving to Paris for work in the very near future. Can anyone recommend a firm of English speaking tax accountants based in either Paris or London who have experience of expat issues and can help me understand the gamut of tax and social charges?

I've tried a good few already and I can only say they must not be short of work based on how interested they have been to help me!

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Administrator
48,554 Posts
The US Consulate in Paris offers a list of English speaking attorneys which also lists their specialty areas. https://fr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/additional-resources-u-s-citizens/

I'm told that the British Consulate in Paris may have a similar list of attorneys and may perhaps have some information about accountants.

It can depend a bit on the context of your request. If you're looking for assistance with personal taxes and social charges, that's one thing. But if you're looking to start a business and need to know the employer side of the various taxes and cotisations, that's something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.

Looking for assistance with personal taxes and social charges only, from someone who hopefully understands or can work with someone on the UK side of things too.

I'll research the British Consulate suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this. Agree the online guides are helpful for broad brush information, a lot seems to depend on individual circumstances though which is where I am falling short.

I appreciate the response, very helpful.

·
Registered
18,425 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

Looking for assistance with personal taxes and social charges only, from someone who hopefully understands or can work with someone on the UK side of things too.

I'll research the British Consulate suggestion.
Or check with a firm such as Blevins Franks and see what they can offer. Since you're currently in London perhaps start with their office there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I use a very helpful multilingual firm who happen to be based in Morzine. (Nowhere near me!). We do everything via email, although I have had a couple of phone calls as well.

French accountants are not very big on advice, but this company do go out of their way to answer my stupid questions.

I can supply details by PM if anyone wants.

Kind regards

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a very helpful multilingual firm who happen to be based in Morzine. (Nowhere near me!). We do everything via email, although I have had a couple of phone calls as well.

French accountants are not very big on advice, but this company do go out of their way to answer my stupid questions.

I can supply details by PM if anyone wants.

Kind regards

Ian
Hi Ian - I have a very similar query to the OP. Would it be possible to message me the contact details of the person/firm in Morzine please? Still very new to the site so can't PM yet. Sorry to drag up an old thread but you seem to have answered my question!

Thanks v much

Malcolm

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi Ian - I have a very similar query to the OP. Would it be possible to message me the contact details of the person/firm in Morzine please? Still very new to the site so can't PM yet. Sorry to drag up an old thread but you seem to have answered my question!

Thanks v much

Malcolm
I did just try.

Unfortunately, because you can't send PM's yet, it looks like you cannot receive them either.

Mods - is there any way around this?

Kind regards

Ian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Ian - much appreciated. I think this will be my 5th post so will see if that now lets me drop you a message.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts