Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Has anyone taken their pet with them to the UK? We are following the PETS scheme (through DEFRA) to avoid quarantine.....our dog has passed the required tests and has recently been cleared to travel after the 6 month waiting period. We are now at the state of booking our flights and want to make sure that my husband and I are on the same flight with her. Our only route options would require flying on Virgin Atlantic or Delta--has anyone had their pet fly one of those? Also, which airport seems to be the best (Manchester, Gatwick or Heathrow)? Any advice is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello laffylou,

I also have questions around bringing a pet (specifically my dog) to England with me. I just started the PETS process. My local vet has indicated that the PETS program can be shortened from the 6 months it normally takes by passing various tests/checkups and various shots. Basically my vet told me that with these exams and shots my dog can go to the UK sooner than 6 months and will not need to be quarantined for 6 months in the UK. Do you have any idea if this is true? I have not been able to find much information about it. I could leave for London in 3 months, but will not unless my dog can go with me at the same time. Thanks. Happy holidays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.