Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all guyz, I need to know how I can prove annual income if I was 2 ever take up that job, my wife is already in UK under the New rules but im stil required to pRove income for FLR and later ILR.

Please post thanks.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You just have to meet all the requirements for Cat F or G which relates to self-employment. You need to be in business for at least a year with an annual account, tax assessment and other documents, as specified.
It's a lot easier if you can be employed by someone, and depending on circumstances, you only need to work for 6 months.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But that only includes own business, peivate hire is working for a company but I am respponsible for paying tax and keeping accounts so how does it work? There ia no p60 involved how does one prove income or get an employment letter its really confusing.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are still self-employed (like a contractor) so you have to draw up your annual account, self-assessment tax return and statement (to show income tax due). You must get all the documents required for Cat F or G.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are still self-employed (like a contractor) so you have to draw up your annual account, self-assessment tax return and statement (to show income tax due). You must get all the documents required for Cat F or G.
Could you please provide a list?

Btw I am currently in a parmanent job role earning over 23k a year working for a big employer but I was just curious what happens if I ended up doing private hire in the future as I know people making 30k plus worki ng for big big firms like Addison Lee and etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joppa am I right in believing they dont require employment letter as its not necessary under that cetegory?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You must register for VAT if previous year's turnover came to more than £79,000. If it was below that figure, you don't have to but can do so optionally.
Speak to an accountant and show the list and ask for their guidance on which documents you need.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You must register for VAT if previous year's turnover came to more than £79,000. If it was below that figure, you don't have to but can do so optionally.
Speak to an accountant and show the list and ask for their guidance on which documents you need.
Thanks and yes I will do when time comes but at the moment am good in my job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.