Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is due to start work next month (no residency and no bank account as yet) and I am accompanying her to find apartment to rent on 6 month basis equating to £8500.

Would anyone be able to clarify / confirm maximum UAE Dir / £ amounts per person permitted without customs questions. Awaiting answer from UAE embassy in London.

Would anyone have any advice of alternative means (travellers cheques?) or recent experiences of bringing money in for this exact reason. This topic hasn't been covered recently as far as I can see.

Kind regards
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
markgr7 said:
My wife is due to start work next month (no residency and no bank account as yet) and I am accompanying her to find apartment to rent on 6 month basis equating to £8500.

Would anyone be able to clarify / confirm maximum UAE Dir / £ amounts per person permitted without customs questions. Awaiting answer from UAE embassy in London.

Would anyone have any advice of alternative means (travellers cheques?) or recent experiences of bringing money in for this exact reason. This topic hasn't been covered recently as far as I can see.

Kind regards
Mark
Hi Mark - Did you get an update on this.I am also hoping to bring some money to Dubai and have a few questions.

1. How long does a Bank draft from an overseas bank take to clear and how are the charges?

2. Is it best to exchange cash in uk or bringing the gbp in Dubai and exchange it there?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.