Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got this screen while on the Net!

It was a completely innocuous site......and yet I was seemingly in a potentially hazardous situation!
Be aware that if most of you here clicked that link then your computer is likely to be taking a trip to the repair shop. Immediately!

Me....I just laughed! Then called my sons in to have a good laugh as well.

Cos the screen it's showing me isn't actually my PC!

My screen looks like this......

.....because I run on Linux!

So if you get this sort of representation on your screen and you use Windows....DO NOT click that link!

If you do....you're screwed! And that includes the latest and much vaunted Windows 7....aka Vista with make up!

If you run any flavour of Linux or have an apple Mac, then you can click it as much as you like.....cos it has no effect whatsoever.

So don't get caught out by this stuff if you're using Windows.....just close down the box in the top RH corner, never go to that site again, and run a virus scan just to be sure!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that cos I am a p.c numpty, but I have to admit I never open anything not for security reasons cos Im scared lol
Maidenx
Maiden....just remember that when you're looking at a website then you're "opening" something. Just because you haven't clicked to save something doesn't mean you're in the clear....so you have to be careful.

Of course if everybody spent their time on here then they'd be safe. I spend hours looking at photos of Jo in the pool for that very reason!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.